Benat

I don't think Benat is high on Txiki list as he is after Fernandinho more and it looks hopeful we will acquire him this Summer.

I'm no cynic said:
oasismcfc10 said:
NoahCity said:
he would be a good signing but where would he go? surely not replacing Yaya. He would take the place of Barry, Garcia most likely. But the problem than is do we have enough defensive cover.
He could come on for a DM if we're having trouble breaking down a team that parks the bus. He has the creativity and the vision to feed our attacking players in these situations. I would also like to see us try a 4-3-3 like this:

Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
Javi Garcia
Benat-Yaya
Silva-Dzeko-Aguero

I do agree that he might not be the best alongside Yaya against attacking teams, but he'd be very useful for our club. We spent 7 million on Sinclair, a winger we rarely use. Surely we could spend some money on a deep-lying playmaker who would be excellent at unlocking a parked bus and playing long balls to our attacking players.

A "deep-lying playmaker"...

A description I haven't heard for years. I can remember the days when such players were called "schemers"!
The name doesn't matter...call it whatever you want, mate. Either way, a player who can control the tempo of the game and pick out long balls that create chances would greatly improve our team. I don't know about you, but seeing us draw to overly defensive teams (West Ham, QPR, Stoke) really boils my blood. I personally think a deep-lying playmaker ("Schemer" if you must) would help us versus these teams. If you have a plan to get 3 points against teams that park the bus that is more effective than adding more creativity and vision, please share it with us.

As others have said, Benat has been subpar here lately. Perhaps we would be wise to set our sights elsewhere. Either way, the need for a deep-lying playmaker is still there.

Remember this guy? Linked heavily with City and other top clubs throughout the season. He has now left Betis for Bilbao for just £6.7million. His wonky form in the second half of last season seemed to make a lot of teams go cold on him. But I think that is a very good deal for Bilbao.

He was on Athletic Bilbao's books earlier on his career so a decent move for him.

LoveCity said:
Remember this guy? Linked heavily with City and other top clubs throughout the season. He has now left Betis for Bilbao for just £6.7million. His wonky form in the second half of last season seemed to make a lot of teams go cold on him. But I think that is a very good deal for Bilbao.

fucking hell LC is your house like jodrell bank, linked to every football related news story in the world in real time?

Didn't realise he was Basque. Not surprising Bilbao signed him because of that reason and he is a good player.

6.7m is a good price and a bit of a bargain I reckon. I know he went off form for a while but you don't lose your quality.

BringBackSwales said:
LoveCity said:

fucking hell LC is your house like jodrell bank, linked to every football related news story in the world in real time?

Rumours have it that it was LC mainframe that stole City's scouting blueprint.......seems to know quite a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.