Benefit Street on Channel 4

I caught a few minutes of it last night. The two cnuts sat on the step drinking was bad enough but the girl sat on the wall talking in that awful accent had me reaching for the remote. "Fuck 'em man you've got kids, claim yer benefits. You can get a job when they're older. Ya know what i mean?". Those poor kids! "He'll probably end up in a gang" as the as the short haired salad dodger resignedly remarked. It all looked a bit staged.

BlueMo' said:
I caught a few minutes of it last night. The two cnuts sat on the step drinking was bad enough but the girl sat on the wall talking in that awful accent had me reaching for the remote. "Fuck 'em man you've got kids, claim yer benefits. You can get a job when they're older. Ya know what i mean?". Those poor kids! "He'll probably end up in a gang" as the as the short haired salad dodger resignedly remarked. It all looked a bit staged.
Yeah she fucked me off too with that gansgta talk bullshit.

KpxSte said:
r.soleofsalford said:
KpxSte said:
Primary school - Free
Secondary school - Free
College - Free
University - Free (until you earn over £21k a year at which point you start paying some of the costs back and this wasn't a Tory policy)

So how are they pricing people out of an education?

Unemployed ex-students!

students from a wealthier background have a good chance the bank of mum and dad paying, where as poorer students would start their working life with £21,000 debt, before looking to start a family, buy a house or a car or any other debt.

if you dont understand that we as a society wasted money on your education

The lefties

Stopped reading at this point.

Pigeonho said:
Watched this for the first time last night. Instantly felt sorry for the young couple's kids.
The big woman, well she is as stereotype as it gets.
The piss heads outside - FFS.

It was all that stereotypical I was wondering if it was fake at points.

You will find no past evidence of TV cameras setting things up. Especially not involving channel 4.

You'll be saying that The Sun and The Mail lie next, fucking communist.

I remember when Channel 4 first broadcast a comedy drama set in a scumbag estate in Manchester, complete with benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence. People were all commenting on how realistic it was and it ran for several series.

Channel 4 broadcast a programme with actual footage of benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence and it's not really how it is and they are demonising the poor.

Mustard Dave said:
I remember when Channel 4 first broadcast a comedy drama set in a scumbag estate in Manchester, complete with benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence. People were all commenting on how realistic it was and it ran for several series.

Channel 4 broadcast a programme with actual footage of benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence and it's not really how it is and they are demonising the poor.

Maybe a few really astute folks have the remarkable ability to differentiate between fiction and real life.
It's not that difficult, once you get the hang of it, which is why I stopped myself sending a floral tribute to Roy Cropper this very morning.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mustard Dave said:

Maybe a few really astute folks have the remarkable ability to differentiate between fiction and real life.
It's not that difficult, once you get the hang of it, which is why I stopped myself sending a floral tribute to Roy Cropper this very morning.

Is Jamie Oliver real or fiction?

The sad thing is, a lot of people don't realise there is thousands of streets like that across the UK.

I see it everyday, and it's just a cycle of no hope or motivation, and the kids have a slim chance of breaking out because they have no one to look up to. They think their only chance of making money is through selling drugs.

I know plenty of people come from tough backgrounds and make something of their selves but that percentage seems to be getting smaller.

TheMightyQuinn said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mustard Dave said:

Is Jamie Oliver real or fiction?

Sadly, the gurning Mockney halfwit is real, much as I would prefer him to be a collective bad dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.