Benefit Street on Channel 4

TheMightyQuinn said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mustard Dave said:
I remember when Channel 4 first broadcast a comedy drama set in a scumbag estate in Manchester, complete with benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence. People were all commenting on how realistic it was and it ran for several series.

Channel 4 broadcast a programme with actual footage of benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence and it's not really how it is and they are demonising the poor.

Maybe a few really astute folks have the remarkable ability to differentiate between fiction and real life.
It's not that difficult, once you get the hang of it, which is why I stopped myself sending a floral tribute to Roy Cropper this very morning.

Is Jamie Oliver real or fiction?

Well thats a hard call. I mean can anyone be that annoying all the time

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mustard Dave said:
I remember when Channel 4 first broadcast a comedy drama set in a scumbag estate in Manchester, complete with benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence. People were all commenting on how realistic it was and it ran for several series.

Channel 4 broadcast a programme with actual footage of benefit fraud, drugs, thieving and violence and it's not really how it is and they are demonising the poor.

Maybe a few really astute folks have the remarkable ability to differentiate between fiction and real life.
It's not that difficult, once you get the hang of it, which is why I stopped myself sending a floral tribute to Roy Cropper this very morning.

Your a heartless soul Nijinsky

i laid my wreath this morning outside the rovers return

2799215_b0810a91.jpg

Watching it now.

Never mind being unemployed, on benefits or being a multi-millionaire. There is no excuse for having a house that untidy or having a child with dirty feet(indoors!)

Pigeonho said:
Blue Hefner said:
Watching it now.

Never mind being unemployed, on benefits or being a multi-millionaire. There is no excuse for having a house that untidy or having a child with dirty feet(indoors!)
Or giving them a bath/clothing them 'because important people are coming round'. Skanks.

I don't like the idea of programmes like this becuase it lives up to the national stereotype but the people in it don't do themselves any favors!

I'm not a parent but if I was, I cannot imagine putting my child in a locked porch at all never mind '6 or 7' times a day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.