Benidorm (The place, not the TV show)

No6 said:
I'm flying out to Benidorm for a week on Sunday, on a "family" holiday with my son and my ex, staying with her Mum who lives out there. I'm gonna be honest with you, Benidorm seems like my idea of hell. High rise apartments as far as the eye can see, "english" bars and cafes, thousands upon thousands of brit tourists crammed like sardines on a strip of sand. Just isn't my idea of what a foreign holiday should be like. If my lad hadn't of asked me to go, I don't think I'd be going.

So, the question to my fellow 'mooners is am I doing Benidorm a disservice in my assumptions above? Is it really as bad as I'm fearing? Also, and probably more importantly, what things are there to do (Sticky Vicky isn't going to be on my itinerary, so I'll save you the bother there)? Any particular areas I should visit? I know the Old Town is supposed to be worth a wander. Anything in the surrounding area? (won't be driving so limited to public transport).

Any and all advice is appreciated. Cheers :)

Stop moaning you soft ****, you've just been to the shithole called Anglesy for a stag do and you're moaning about Benidorm!!

I'll be there from the 21st so we can meet up and it'll give you a chance to lose another wallet or chase a tranny around a nightclub..<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303678</a> .... once we meet you won't see the family for the rest of your stay......

Sambucca and Tequilla time!!!!

No6 said:
bammy blue said:
Have been to Benidorm 6-7 times, it is what it is just somewhere to have a good time. For every lads/girls holiday there is always the same number of holidaying family's. The beach is excellent, very clean and lots of space on it. Lot's of the places like the water parks and other attractions have bus services running to them so no need to worry on that front. Just enjoy yourself and don't ponder the 80's Soviet Russia style inspired architecture..... ;-)

Can you recommend any good bars, restaurants etc? Not the "bulldog bar" type thing though ;)

Haha, your best off having a wander round pal and finding something that suits you, its a big place so plenty of things to find. Oh and since your with the ex get the lad tucked up in bed and get down to Cafe Benidorm and find something to keep you company at night!! :-)

inchy14 said:
No6 said:
I'm flying out to Benidorm for a week on Sunday, on a "family" holiday with my son and my ex, staying with her Mum who lives out there. I'm gonna be honest with you, Benidorm seems like my idea of hell. High rise apartments as far as the eye can see, "english" bars and cafes, thousands upon thousands of brit tourists crammed like sardines on a strip of sand. Just isn't my idea of what a foreign holiday should be like. If my lad hadn't of asked me to go, I don't think I'd be going.

So, the question to my fellow 'mooners is am I doing Benidorm a disservice in my assumptions above? Is it really as bad as I'm fearing? Also, and probably more importantly, what things are there to do (Sticky Vicky isn't going to be on my itinerary, so I'll save you the bother there)? Any particular areas I should visit? I know the Old Town is supposed to be worth a wander. Anything in the surrounding area? (won't be driving so limited to public transport).

Any and all advice is appreciated. Cheers :)

Stop moaning you soft c**t, you've just been to the shithole called Anglesy for a stag do and you're moaning about Benidorm!!

I'll be there from the 21st so we can meet up and it'll give you a chance to lose another wallet or chase a tranny around a nightclub..<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303678</a> .... once we meet you won't see the family for the rest of your stay......

Sambucca and Tequilla time!!!!

Oh fuck :-/

It's about 140km so an hour and 20 minutes by car. Think there are coaches but no trains. Well worth it to get away from that shit hole for a while. I'll be playing cricket down there the week after you leave

It's no where near as bad as it's reputation.

I went about a month ago for a stag doo, parts are made for a stag doo, but having a wander around during the day, decent place.

Cheap as chips too.

Been a few times, and I wouldnt go as far as recommending specific bars, as every time we go, they change.. be it due to new owners or different clientele.

Also the face of Benidorm is changing as most of the bigger hotels are now all inclusive, meaning that most bars are quiet until midnight, this is great if you have the family with you, as the kids get the run of the place if you find a decent bar, but after midnight everyone is full of all inclusive drink, and on the piss big time.

However if you take a step back from the main street of brit bars, there are plenty nice pubs and restaurants.

You have also go Mundomar, and Aqualandia which are both within walking distance of the main town (if your at the levante end), so don;t get conned into a holiday rep and all day trip shite, they are both good afternoons/days out and you can get a combo ticket to cover both (they are next door to each other)

If you get the chance go to Algar Falls, but make sure the tour you go on has a decent amount of time at the falls...many of the trips give you 20 minutes, and by the time you have walked up it from the parking area and had lunch its time to go back on the bus...so you need a good 3 hours on site to appreciate it.

Hope this helps mate.

pjpar said:
Been a few times, and I wouldnt go as far as recommending specific bars, as every time we go, they change.. be it due to new owners or different clientele.

Also the face of Benidorm is changing as most of the bigger hotels are now all inclusive, meaning that most bars are quiet until midnight, this is great if you have the family with you, as the kids get the run of the place if you find a decent bar, but after midnight everyone is full of all inclusive drink, and on the piss big time.

However if you take a step back from the main street of brit bars, there are plenty nice pubs and restaurants.

You have also go Mundomar, and Aqualandia which are both within walking distance of the main town (if your at the levante end), so don;t get conned into a holiday rep and all day trip shite, they are both good afternoons/days out and you can get a combo ticket to cover both (they are next door to each other)

If you get the chance go to Algar Falls, but make sure the tour you go on has a decent amount of time at the falls...many of the trips give you 20 minutes, and by the time you have walked up it from the parking area and had lunch its time to go back on the bus...so you need a good 3 hours on site to appreciate it.

Hope this helps mate.

Ace, thanks pjpar! Exactly the kind of info I need. Will have a google of all those this afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.