Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good solid debut and you could tell he was a little bit tentative at certain points, probably had that muscle injury in the back of the mind. The more game time he gets, the stronger he will feel and he will keep getting better and better. Some of crosses were superb and his celebration for Sterling's goal was class!

He'll be killer vs teams with enough balls to play back at us. Not that I'm critiquing him today at all. That volleyed cross from Kev was incredible.....three class fullbacks wow.

I thought besides his crossing his passing was very quick. Sign of pitch intelligence there. Very unlucky to lose the ball as he tried to turn the defender for Bournemouth's chance to run goal.

His passing is undoubtedly intelligent and crisp and his crosses were very good and his throw ins are a huge upgrade on Sane's. But he looked very rusty.

Players went past him easily two or three times and he ambled back when he was caught upfield. He also badly misjudged a few headers, although not in dangerous positions. I hope that's because he was forced to play too soon following walker's ban.

His passing is undoubtedly intelligent and crisp and his crosses were very good and his throw ins are a huge upgrade on Sane's. But he looked very rusty.

Players went past him easily two or three times and he ambled back when he was caught upfield. He also badly misjudged a few headers, although not in dangerous positions. I hope that's because he was forced to play too soon following walker's ban.
No, that's the way he actually defended at Monaco, often having no idea how to approach his opponent. Quite a poor defender right now. But he'll improve under Guardiola, contrary to some common beliefs it's defenders who learn the most from Pep)

I can only guess that he had been told to conserve his energy, concentrate on attacking rather than defending. There were a few occassions when we lost the ball on his side of the pitch and he made absolutely no effort to get back, even when the play remained in our half for some time. The ultimate non tracking back full back!

He looked a great attacking threat though, can't wait to see him when he's fully fit.

Needs to stop clowning about now some of the other players don't seem to be enjoying it.

I hope we haven't got Balotelli mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.