Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEP What I want from @benmendy23 is for him to be fit. To be available for training sessions every week. He’s had almost two years out and he needs to play. The first target is be fit rather than to play. To train regularly for a month then he has a chance to play.

PEP What I want from @benmendy23 is for him to be fit. To be available for training sessions every week. He’s had almost two years out and he needs to play. The first target is be fit rather than to play. To train regularly for a month then he has a chance to play.

Hmm, what to infer from that, that he's still not fit and that we won't see him until at least mid September?

Last chance saloon

Wouldn’t read too much into it. We’ve likely learned not to just take his word when he declares himself ready to play and are now prepared to sit and wait. Angelino gives us insurance, as does Cancelo, so there is absolutely no need to rush him back. Far better to have him training for six months and have him uninjured for a few years than allow him to come back too soon and break down again. Patience is more likely to be rewarded than impatience.

kaz I've been saying to my lad for months about Mendy not playing for us again over the top I know but every time you see pep talk about him you can see there is not a lot of love there just my opinion funny the sound went off on my stream when Mendy was mentioned.

Pep should never have put him on as sub on that awful pitch at Burton last season. Having doubts about Mendy being able to play at the very top level again.i hope I am very much wrong

kaz I've been saying to my lad for months about Mendy not playing for us again over the top I know but every time you see pep talk about him you can see there is not a lot of love there just my opinion funny the sound went off on my stream when Mendy was mentioned.
I think misses the player he was 2yrs ago,remains to be seen if he is still in there

Those quotes are exactly what I’d expect to happen given his injuries.
Nothing at all to read into unless you’re a conspiracy nut.

His signing has got to be one of the most frustrating , he showed at Monaco what a brilliant player he is , we have seen glimpses of his ability but his injury record has been horrific , the question is how long it will take to bring his 'A' game. Mendy fully fit and in form is one of the best in europe , can't wait to see him in full flow again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.