Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the same about Gundogan in August 2017. 2 massive knee injuries in a row, just after a back injury which put him out for an entire year.

And last season he started 20 of our last 23 games, including playing 90 minutes in 13 of the 14 consecutive league wins, all 4 Champions League KO games and the FA Cup semi and final.

The only games he didn't start were the league cup final, Newport County in the FA Cup and Cardiff at Home. 50 games in all competitions, 98 in the past 2 seasons.

So don't write a player off too soon.
I really hope you are right my friend.

Has there been any update on his fitness recently? Seems to have gone very quiet since pre season when he was in Barcelona.

The return date was pencilled in for the end of August i believe.
Fingers crossed no news is good news. Not seen him on any of the city training pics so I presume end of August is when he’s back in training. Going to need a good 3/4 months I think to get back up to speed.

I'm going to just presume that he will return and point out that playing with three at the back with Mendy and Cancelo at WB is going to be f###ing awesome.

--------------------Ederson-------------------
-----Stones ----- Dinho ----- Laporte-----
Cancelo -----------------------------------Mendy
------------Silva ---De Bruyne ---Silva
--------------Aguero -------- Sterling---------------

I'm going to just presume that he will return and point out that playing with three at the back with Mendy and Cancelo at WB is going to be f###ing awesome.

Not bothering with our record signing then ?

That's just a 433 with Mendy and Cancelo as full backs and Bernardo on the wing. Writing Fernandinho in the defensive line doesn't actually change anything.

A 352 would be having 3CB's and Fernandinho or Rodri as a midfielder.

That's just a 433 with Mendy and Cancelo as full backs and Bernardo on the wing. Writing Fernandinho in the defensive line doesn't actually change anything.

No, it's a 5-

But surely the point of moving Dinho to CB is that he moves into the midfield when we are attacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.