Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that Chelsea mistake was the best thing that could ever have happened to him. He’s been brilliant since then!

He was good before then as well!

He'd been defensively solid for a bunch of games and mostly not getting credit. Since the Chelsea win he came back in way back in November, he's been pretty much solid at the back, knocked back by a blatant foul on him in the Wolves game which people mindlessly blamed him for because he was a scapegoat, and then the Gundogan mix up.

What's been great post lockdown is he looks like he's regaining confidence in his body and a bit like an academy kid coming through he's not just trying to get through games now, he's really looking to take people on.

Pound for pound the worst buy of the Sheikh era, when talking about value? Wasn’t a bad transfer at the time with how good he was in Monaco but man he is disappointing.

You can see mile away that he simply is not good enough. Reminds me of Mangala at LB at times. Why the fuck we spend huge amounts on defenders who simply cant even do the bassics?

He tries he wants to do well but not happening.
We need a new LB but can't buy 2 so he stays and Zinchenko goes

As useful as tits on a bull.

Sadly there'll be no club stupid enough to sign him.

I don't think Mendy should be blamed for the second goal and unlike the rest of the team, I actually thought he played quite close to his usual standard today but that's the problem, this guy is absolutely garbage week-in, week-out. Every time the ball goes out to him, our chances of scoring are pretty much gone. He probably puts in 2/10 decent crosses a game. Sorry to say it but this guy is midtable/relegation fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.