Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but I see little evidence of MENSA material here.

So you think that Pep Guardiola and Marcelo Bielsa - two of the most demanding, intense, intelligence demanding coaches in world football would both invest heavily and pursue Benjamin Mendy, and then heap praise on his brilliant play despite him being a stupid footballer?

So you think that Pep Guardiola and Marcelo Bielsa - two of the most demanding, intense, coaches in world football would both invest heavily and pursue Benjamin Mendy despite him being a stupid footballer?
He obviously looked good at one stage. Whether that equates to IQ is arguable. Speed was his friend.

Do you have any evidence of his superior mental powers?

He obviously looked good at one stage. Whether that equates to IQ is arguable. Speed was his friend£.

Do you have any evidence of his superior mental powers?

The evidence is there if you bothered to watch him, his vision, timing and selection of passes and crosses before his last injury shows you all the intelligence you need.

Also speed was never his big thing - that you think it was lends itself to the idea you never really paid much attention to him. He was never that fast for a fullback, but he had stamina to get up and down.

We can post-rationalise all we like but it’s basically down to whether he’ll ever be a top class LB for a club with high ambitions. I think no. You think yes. That’s cool.
I’m in between think he’s improving and still could be, but we need insurance in case he doesn’t or breaks down again.

I believe he's made a lot of steps off the pitch to really make sure he's not going to be a letdown. I say he deserves our faith.

Cancelo was really impressive against Watford at LB, but remember we've seen even better performances from Mendy there. He's got a very high ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.