Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big year for Mendy with Angelino coming in. Think Mendy and Sane occupied the same spaces so he'll have much more licence to attack. Maybe a switch back to 352 if Cancelo comes in. Been a bit disappointing he's not had even a half-season of fitness, but if he can keep fit, we've got a brand new signing.

Big year for Mendy with Angelino coming in. Think Mendy and Sane occupied the same spaces so he'll have much more licence to attack. Maybe a switch back to 352 if Cancelo comes in. Been a bit disappointing he's not had even a half-season of fitness, but if he can keep fit, we've got a brand new signing.

I would love to see a 352 with

Ederson
Walker - Stones - Laporte
Cancelo - Rodri- KDB - B or D.Silva - Mendy
Aguero - Jesus

Once or twice just to see how it goes. And you can easily switch back into a 433 with Jesus LW and Cancelo RW if you need to.

Ederson
Aguero - Jesus

Once or twice just to see how it goes. And you can easily switch back into a 433 with Jesus LW and Cancelo RW if you need to.
Think that's a big possibility mate. Always got Fernandinho, Rodri and Walker to be 4th choice CB if we use this formation. Think we started 2017/18 very well with Mendy at LB, and he had a great run of assists at the start of the 2018/19 season. Could always have Zinchenko & Sterling if (or when) he's injured to provide a bit more balance.

Ederson
Aguero - Jesus

Not having Sterling up front would be madness! :-)

But yeah, I love the flexibility Mendy (and hopefully Cancelo) can give us.

Too many injuries too often. Sadly it looks like he's just one of those players. Don't think we can count on him as a regular first team choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.