Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting worried he won't play after reading Sam Lee's (Goal) tweet in reference to if he'll play again for city this season:

'Hard to say, cos he’s really keen to come back, but he’s still got a long way to go by the sounds of it'

I'm getting worried he won't play after reading Sam Lee's (Goal) tweet in reference to if he'll play again for city this season:

'Hard to say, cos he’s really keen to come back, but he’s still got a long way to go by the sounds of it'
Think he'll be back in time for the CL Semis providing we go through of course.

giphy.gif

It was a good ball that game and over 5 years, there’ll be examples of him successfully crossing the ball in the same way that there’ll be examples of Navas scoring goals but in the same way that Navas wasn’t a great finisher, Clichy wasn’t a very good crosser. It probably didn’t help that he was competing against arguably the best crosser the Prem has ever seen in Kolarov but it was extremely frustrating to watch at times and although I don’t think he was a bad servant to City, if he had that asset to his game, who knows how many more trophies we could have won?

So it's Clichy's fault we haven't won more trophies ? ;-)

It was a good ball that game and over 5 years, there’ll be examples of him successfully crossing the ball in the same way that there’ll be examples of Navas scoring goals but in the same way that Navas wasn’t a great finisher, Clichy wasn’t a very good crosser. It probably didn’t help that he was competing against arguably the best crosser the Prem has ever seen in Kolarov but it was extremely frustrating to watch at times and although I don’t think he was a bad servant to City, if he had that asset to his game, who knows how many more trophies we could have won?
naShark team

Can’t see him being involved in any of the next four games, but think we might seem him eased back in once the league is won.

Can’t see him being involved in any of the next four games, but think we might seem him eased back in once the league is won.
His original target was the cl semi final, if we qualified. Don’t think that will have changed. I think some thought he might be ahead of schedule because he mentioned the derby, but players are notorious for being over optimistic about recovery times. Both Stones and Jesus predicted that they would return a couple of weeks before they did. And this run of four crucial games makes it more difficult to ease him back. Hope to see him against Spurs

I can't even remember how Mendy played for those first few games. Do recall some very good crossing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.