Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge blow in the position that is probably the most important to how Pep wants us to play. Such a fucking unnecessary challenge as well. Makes things much harder for us going forward. We will adapt of course, just a shame we have to so early in the season.

It is extremely difficult to accurately diagnose an ACL injury acutely on clinical grounds. Swelling and muscle spasm secondary to pain make any examination tests very difficult to carry out and interpret. Tests such as Lachman's and Pivot Shift are valuable once the acute symptoms have resolved i.e. 2 weeks plus.
On a separate note the pitch at the Etihad must be cursed. Just how many serious injuries have we witnessed our players suffer over recent years?
Really feel for Mendy. Hope Delph lasts us till Jan but I have little confidence he will.

As I said, Lachman is not 100% - but it is pretty reliable and can be used very soon after the injury to get a preliminary idea of whether an ACL tear is possible. My orthopedist used it <24 hours after my injury - and based on solely that, ordered an MRI which confirmed his and my worst fears.

I could swear someone is jinxing this club, and they're doing it way too efficiently.
A little light in CB's? Well lose some Kompany while you're at it.
No adequate cover for LB? Hey presto, say goodbye to Mendy and his bendy knee.
It's unreal.

You can only gauge an idea from initial examination and ligament testing. History of how the injury occurred and how rapidly the knee swells after injury are more accurate predictive indicators of a cruciate rupture (at least in my humble experience!)
Anyway he's out for 9 months :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.