Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get enough of this guy!
His instagram stories and twitter page are hilarious.
Helps he's awesome on the pitch too, deffo needs a song, injured or not

Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Our French fullback on the left, babe
Bendy Mendy in full flight

If only Lakey and Bell could of had this kind of treatment hey. Unbelievable technology these days. Just hope it's a few months and not the whole season.
Was just reading about that tackle by Buchan on Bell this week.The King says that altho he didnt think it was deliberate, buchan never visited him in hospital, and never said sorry when they saw each other over the years since....very sad.
Hope Mendy is back soon.

Not convinced that only having 3 full backs on the books was covering all eventualities, particularly not when, as we've already seen, the 3rd choice, Danilo, looks hugely uncomfortable going forward down the left flank. Presumably Mendy was bought specifically for the way he plays, so to have cover that can't play that same way, isn't evidence of great forethought in my book. We are little better at centre half either. Kompers has, to the surprise of no-one, succumbed to his calf problem already, and we are now an injury to Stones or Otamendi away from having one recognised central defender at our disposal (Tosin being not good enough for what would be asked of him IMO). We have a mammoth schedule ahead of us, so to leave ourselves so short is just sloppy in my book. It's not our fault that the market this summer was insane, but I spent most of it saying Van Dyke - or someone similar - should have been the priority, not Sanchez, and I stand by it

I'm obviously not suggesting we have covered all eventualities but I don't think the club blindly walked into the current situation. They clearly wanted four full backs and another CB but budget constraints etc got in the way. Whether or not the club made the right decisions in terms of prioritising how to spend the last part of the budget and weighing up the various risks is questionable but we will have to wait and see if they made the correct judgement.

We were linked with that Espanyol left back at the end of the window but chose not to go ahead. We were too preoccupied with Sanchez and left that too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.