Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

He was arrested so he was suspended without pay. He was never sentenced so will reclaim the wages that we have had sat in the bank. This will go away with a payment nowhere near the full amount because of the gross mis-conduct etc on his side.

He was arrested, and therefore surely unable to fulfill his contractual obligations. Of being available to play for the club. Which I would imagine is different for arrest or conduct than for injury etc.

I'm sure when the club decided not to pay him, they would have known where they stood whichever way the verdict went.

By the same logic of him suing the club, the club could sue him for loss of transfer value, for example.

It is a bad move from him, but at the same time, he will be taking advice, and somebody somewhere will think he has a case.

I am fine with however this plays out, it is a matter of law and how people that deal with it apply it. I think the club probably did the only thing they could have done.

I’m not even arsed about his legal troubles. The **** deserves fuck all purely on the basis that he’s totally dog shit at football and acted like a complete bell end.

Balotelli without the talent.
Yeah but we're talking about official court decisions and lawful compensations, not about my or your opinions of the guy.

He was arrested, and therefore surely unable to fulfill his contractual obligations. Of being available to play for the club. Which I would imagine is different for arrest or conduct than for injury etc.

I'm sure when the club decided not to pay him, they would have known where they stood whichever way the verdict went.

By the same logic of him suing the club, the club could sue him for loss of transfer value, for example.

It is a band move from him, but at the same time, he will be taking advice, and somebody somewhere will think he has a case.

I am fine with however this plays out, it is a matter of law and how people that deal with it apply it. I think the club probably did the only thing they could have done.
It’ll depend on the small print of his contract.

He surely won’t be paid for the period he was held on remand for breaching his bail conditions, but the rest might be payable, maybe minus the games he would have missed during to not being able to get a visa to travel.

Sorry but he wasn’t available to play, if he was innocent or guilty, why would City have to bear the cost? What a disastrous signing he was.

It is a bad move from him, but at the same time, he will be taking advice, and somebody somewhere will think he has a case.

He - and probably his agent too - are probably rich guys and will have taken advice from lawyers - and that may have been free of charge anyway as the PFA might cover some or all of his legal bills - providing that there is advice that he has a reasonably strong claim. I doubt very much that it'll ever get to a court hearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.