Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Couldn't be bothered going back through the thread but didn't we originally suspend him on full pay until he breached bail conditions and got locked up? That's down to him if true, regardless of the final outcome of the charges.
He definitely got locked up for breaching bail. Then had to live at his home address and give up his passport.

Surprised City aren't counter-suing for loss of earnings on the transfer fee and signing-on fee. Maybe we are.

I do as well. The guy was found innocent at the end of the day.

I don’t know. And I do mean literally that I don’t know. But I do know that employment law does heavily favour the employer, in this country at least.

Whatever the outcome of the trial, if an employee is incapable of fulfilling their contractually duties, for whatever reason, I’m guessing law would normally look favourably on the employer if they decided not to pay them.

It would be a bit embarrassing and surprising, if these best lawyers in the world we keep hearing about have advised the club badly on something as pretty basic as this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.