Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Not guilty isn't innocent.

Not innocent means a person is completely cleared of the accusation, often implying they didn’t commit the act. "Not guilty" means there's not enough evidence to convict them. The former asserts their innocence, the latter highlights the prosecution's failure to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a subtle but crucial legal difference.
You need to have another think about this, I’d respectfully suggest. Also, ‘Not Innocent?
By have another think I mean: Imagine City are found ‘not guilty’ of most or indeed all the 115, presumably you’ll be the first to post saying we might not be guilty but we’re certainly not innocent? Because that’s exactly how opposing fans and their media shills will portray it.
Now I have no time whatsoever for Mendy, I wish the club had never bought him and, in my view, he was certainly ‘not innocent’ but, under the system we have, he was tried, found not guilty and, consequently, is innocent in the eyes of the law. It might be far from perfect but it’s what we’ve got and I’d rather have that than any alternative thus far devised.

What’s the cheeky fucker said now?
That several of his teammates including Walker were at his parties, breaking covid rules, sleeping around, drinking, but he's been 'singled out' because of his arrest.

Conveniently forgetting that we continued to pay him and play him after his first two arrests, and only suspended him when he was charged.

Others may have been doing similar things, but they weren't doing them every single fucking day. And they were contributing on the pitch, unlike this lazy **** who put more effort into being a degenerate than he did into staying fit.

Regardless of whether this is true or not, Mendy was the only person under strict bail conditions, and broke those conditions. Therefore was subsequently arrested and detained, and not available for selection.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of footballers and their morality but ultimately, the others were all available for selection and therefore there was no reason for the club not to pay them.

Regardless of whether this is true or not, Mendy was the only person under strict bail conditions, and broke those conditions. Therefore was subsequently arrested and detained, and not available for selection.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of footballers and their morality but ultimately, the others were all available for selection and therefore there was no reason for the club not to pay them.

incorrect he has never been charged with breaching bail conditions

so let's get facts right here;

1) Mendy hasn't been paid since September 2021
2) Mendy had a contract with City
3) Mendy didn't breach bail conditions
4) Mendy was innocent
5) Mendy was crap

I think #5 is swaying a lot of people to think different about 1 to 4. If you remove #5 or put De Bruyne in Mendy's place instead, would that make you think differently.
The only thing that could save City is what the contracts say. If it says something like "for services delivered" or something like that where they can prove he's more like a contract person rather than an employee then great. Otherwise I can't see City winning this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.