Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

so let's get facts right here;

1) Mendy hasn't been paid since September 2021
2) Mendy had a contract with City
3) Mendy didn't breach bail conditions
4) Mendy was innocent
5) Mendy was crap

I think #5 is swaying a lot of people to think different about 1 to 4. If you remove #5 or put De Bruyne in Mendy's place instead, would that make you think differently.
The only thing that could save City is what the contracts say. If it says something like "for services delivered" or something like that where they can prove he's more like a contract person rather than an employee then great. Otherwise I can't see City winning this one.
He was locked up and unable to go to work.
Not sure he should be paid during that time.

No firm I know of allows an employee facing such serious charges to carry on working. For a high profile footballer it would be impossible for him to play. They are usually suspended on pay though.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about the finer details, but the way I see it is;

He was arrested twice and then charged. I’d guess once charge he was in breach of contract for a number of reasons. At that point, as an employer, you’d withhold wages.

He’s now throwing his team mates under the bus, which makes him a weasel.

I don’t know much about the finer details, but the way I see it is;

He was arrested twice and then charged. I’d guess once charge he was in breach of contract for a number of reasons. At that point, as an employer, you’d withhold wages.

He’s now throwing his team mates under the bus, which makes him a weasel.
The same teammates who supported him, some of them even financially, while he was facing trial!

Now he's bringing the 115 charges into it, FFS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.