Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Why is his career over? His club suspended him correctly pending investigation and then let his deal expire. Other clubs are free to pursue him as a free agent.
He’ll be 29 soon and hasn’t played first-team football for a couple of years. I would say he’s finished as a top-level footballer (although I was never a fan of him anyway).

Just had a chat about this with a City supporting very high up member of His Majesty's Judiciary about this.
He reckons City are well clear of all of this, admittedly, purely based on what's in the public domain.
As for the CPS?
The potential bonuses that Mr Mendy has missed out on could be a very tasty little earner.

(Same KC is absolutely fucking livid about the scale of nytids FFP fine)

He’ll be 29 soon and hasn’t played first-team football for a couple of years. I would say he’s finished as a top-level footballer (although I was never a fan of him anyway).
I liked him a lot, and I was disappointed by the allegations.

Yes, he will probably not be in any UCL team soon, but there's definitely somewhere maybe in the bottom half of a major league that he could play for.

Nobody needs to apologise. The people who called innocent and the people who called guilty knew as much as each other. The story wasn't exactly the most favourable for him. People were well within their rights to think he could be found guilty.
Not really. He isn’t a nice guy but for some posters to tar Mendy as a rapist based on the flimsiest of evidence is very poor. Apologising isn’t the issue, people being biased creeps is.

Ruined his own career by playing shite. His behaviour off the field is hardly anything to gloat about. Rape cases are notoriously hard to prove. Glad the club is not going to be attacked for being his employer.

Hardly ruined his career by being injured on a regular basis.

Why is his career over? His club suspended him correctly pending investigation and then let his deal expire. Other clubs are free to pursue him as a free agent.

I'd also disagree quite strongly one the "through no fault of his own".

He's not been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and so he gets to walk free, but lets not pretend that you can just be going about your life minding your own business and suddenly 6 different women are accuising you of 7 counts of rape, and sexual assault with enough evidence to make the police and CPS pursue a case for one of the hardest to prove crimes in the book.

He entitled to his freedom, i think the justice system is fundamentally fair, but this whole thing came about because of the way he acted. The way treated women, partied non-stop with virtual strangers and repeatedly put himself in situations where consent was ambigious at best.

That's before you even go into the other murky, grubby behaviour detailed during the course of the trial.

Last edited:
It does raise the question about various high-profile people being accused of offences, some of which may be genuine and not proven, but others may be an attempt to gain an out-of court settlement in return for financial gain. This is not about Benjamin Mendy or anyone else who has been found not guilty, nor is it about any particular type of offence. Anyone in the public eye is vulnerable to attempts to exploit their wealth and reputation. Mendy never delivered for City on the pitch, a rare mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.