Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

On that first point, did the police ever give him a fpn for breaking the covid regs as he admitted that a few times didn’t he? Just wondering rather than passing judgment about it, seems to be random when they do and don’t issue them!
If they did they never released the information to the public

If I were his family and friends I would be concerned about his mental state at the moment and be subtly keeping a keen eye on him.
As others have said in different and more articulate ways, it is all very well being found innocent by a jury but then you have the ‘court’ of public opinion every time you step outside your home.
His state of mind would be worrying I would think. :-) :-(

People who are saying he is completely innocent because the court found him not guilty are probably the same people who think O.J.Simpson is guilty inspite of the court saying otherwise.

It is a very complex issue and rape cases are incredibly difficult to prove. I don’t know if he did it or not. Maybe he is completely innocent and all 7 women colluded to send him to prison. But there is also a chance that he did it and just got away with it. Rape convictions are very low in almost every country. Doesn’t mean people who are found not guilty are always innocent.
Why bother with courts and legalities when we have you.?
Miscarriages and wrong decisions obviously occur - but you have to trust the process.

He was acquitted. He isn’t a nice guy. That’s clear. You can keep digging but it doesn’t look good on you. These cases went to court on the flimsiest of evidence. The CPS isn’t fit for purpose.
I don’t know how you can claim he isn’t a nice guy. Pep has always said Mendy is one of the nicest guys and you even see from videos online prior that he was very close to many players.

I just don’t think opinions of people are really important right now. Mendy has been found not guilty, other opinions are not really important.

Nobody is struggling with it. Nobody has said "I disagree with this, I think he did it."

What some of us have said is that this verdict doesn't automatically mean that the women who accused him were lying.

If the verdict went the other way there would be no one saying the opposite.

I don’t know why people cannot just accept the result and leave it at that, with no add ons of “but doesn’t mean the accusers were lieing”

He’s a free man, nothing has been proved and he should be allowed to get on with his life and career as best as he can in this shit world as unfortunately mud sticks as seen by several posts in this thread.

The CPS have a lot to answer for (whether or not he actually did any of it) for bringing all these cases without any evidence that could be reasonably proven. At a time when prosecution of rape cases are are an all time low (because apparently they are difficult to prove!) they go all in on this case. There are so many questions for them to answer.
Whether the CPS have anything to answer is down to any review of their actions in this case should one happen. They have to take rape accusations seriously and try for convictions where they feel one is possible but at the end of the day it comes down to what 12 people think. I’ve been on juries and in my case there was no conclusive proof like DNA or video footage but I still decided the person was guilty, it came down to my opinion of the facts. Our first vote in the jury was 7-5 in favour of acquittal but ended up 11-1 in favour of guilty. If that first vote had been 9-3 it would likely have gone the other way for the accused, fine margins, just 2 people deciding the other way could have changed it.

Who is taking the infantile view ? You seem determined to prove the 2 juries were wrong in that they found him not guilty when in fact, in your eyes, he clearly is.

I’ve never said he’s guilty at all, let alone tried to “prove the juries were wrong”

I said he’s not been proven innocent - which is a fact, and objected to the idea the events of the last 3 years happened to him “through no fault of his own”.

If you can’t reply to what a comment says, don’t reply to it. Don’t invent what you wish a comment had said and then respond to that because it just wastes all our time.

People who are saying he is completely innocent because the court found him not guilty are probably the same people who think O.J.Simpson is guilty inspite of the court saying otherwise.

It is a very complex issue and rape cases are incredibly difficult to prove. I don’t know if he did it or not. Maybe he is completely innocent and all 7 women colluded to send him to prison. But there is also a chance that he did it and just got away with it. Rape convictions are very low in almost every country. Doesn’t mean people who are found not guilty are always innocent.
Your first paragraph makes no sense but didn't the courts show that some of the accusers were proven liars? Guaranteed to put doubt about guilt in any ones mind about the rest regardless. They really need to look in a mirror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.