Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

So once you have been on trial you can never be seen as innocent, just case not proven. That seems a fair system.
I can see why you might think that, but the higher burden of proof is better for the defendant, as it makes it harder to convict someone. The onus is on the prosecution to prove their guilty.

Can you show me where the courts showed they were liars? Genuine question. Maybe I missed it.
In the first trial a video was shown of Mendys co accussed having sex with his accuser. It was obvious and in case it wasn't, the judge stated it was obvious to all that the so called victim was fully consenting and fully partaking in sexual intercourse. Another instance was after a so called victim claimed she had been raped she sent texts to Mendy wanting to meet up, texts to others about how she had hit gold etc. Clearly it was totally opposite to the evidence she gave to the police.

Mendy will now likely (and quite rightly) be paid tens of millions of pounds in loss of earnings (wages), missed commercial opportunities and severe reputational damage.

Who will fund this ?

Last edited:
I have to smile, purely in good taste but..... is this "not been proven innocent" stance going to apply to Huw Edwards?

Seriously, no offence intended.

Maybe we need a third verdict a la Scotland.... Case unproven?
Scotland have scrapped it and rightly so.

I’ve never said he’s guilty at all, let alone tried to “prove the juries were wrong”

I said he’s not been proven innocent - which is a fact, and objected to the idea the events of the last 3 years happened to him “through no fault of his own”.

If you can’t reply to what a comment says, don’t reply to it. Don’t invent what you wish a comment had said and then respond to that because it just wastes all our time.
He's possibly (probably) guilty of being stupid but that doesn't make him guilty of anything else, in which case he's innocent of the charges.

Mendy will now rightly be paid tens of millions of pounds in loss of earnings (wages), missed commercial opportunities and severe reputational damage.

This will all be funded by the CPS which is funded by yours truly (the tax payer).

This is on top of the hundreds of thousands the trial will have cost.

What a shambles.

Do City have a case here as well? A £50m asset has basically been made worthless for the last 3 years, and any potential sale has also been lost

In the first trial a video was shown of Mendys co accussed having sex with his accuser. It was obvious and in case it wasn't, the judge stated it was obvious to all that the so called victim was fully consenting and fully partaking in sexual interiors. Another instance was after a so called victim claimed she had been raped she sent texts to Mendy wanting to meet up, texts to others about how she had hit gold etc. Clearly it was totally opposite to the evidence she gave to the police.
.... not unlike Ched Evans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.