Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

For some of the time he is claiming for he was on remand because HE had breached his bail conditions… when he was on remand he was wholly unable to fulfil his contractual obligations - so his claim will be limited.

There was always going to be some who would say something like this.

At the end of the day if he has a case, he’s been told he has. It’s between him and the club. If he’s due money from us then fair enough. The courts will decide, or lawyers outside of court. Either way it is no slight on the club whatever the outcome.
Of course it isn't but he deserves to be paid, as you yourself would.

Based on the uncontested evidence of relentless late night partying, including when rehabilitating from injury, he was a walking breach of contract I would have thought. It is more negative publicity for the club at a time when we are getting hammered anyway, but they should fight it all the way.

Don't blame Mendy at all for pursuing this. Good luck to the lad. I hope he gets every penny that was due to him per his contract.
100%. Keyword being contract. That's binding and shouldn't be violated. I think the powers that be at the club threw him under the bus before the justice system did, unfortunately things turned out differently. Naive on the part of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.