Benjamin Mendy settles tax bill with HMRC

Up until his injury, I loved Benjamin Mendy.

And it wasn’t just me; the general opinion on here was that we’d obtained an absolute beast of a left-back.

When I saw him for the first time at Etihad, I thought he was Yaya.

I know some of his crosses were hit too hard, but he had some left foot.

It’s just a shame the way things turned out.
He was a complete and utter loon. He needed a good thrashing after the Wolves away match.

Fancy cars, mansions, clothes and holidays, they spend cash like it's going out of style.

Fools are easily parted from their cash.
Not to mention the leagues of hangers on you suddenly get when you become that rich. Extended family members wanting you to pay off their house. Old friends that you feel obliged to help out. Most footballers are from poor backgrounds and know what it's like to have nothing, so it's not surprising they want to be generous with it.

Last edited:
I thought he was shite. A fullback who couldn't defend. Mind you we've had a few of them.
He never really got a sustained spell in the squad, and that was the main problem. There were games where he defended well, when we were deliberately playing a bit more conservatively. I think his main problem was his tactical naivety, often being caught out of position and not being able to get back. And being in and out of the squad never allowed him to build up that relationship with the other players.

But it's definitely possible that he was just crap, we'll probably never know. Let's be honest, there were plenty of times when Cancelo was a liability defensively too, but he had the creativity going forward to make up for it, whereas Mendy's delivery consisted of him rocketing a ball across goal at the speed of sound every time. Looked great when it came off, but more often than not, no-one was getting on the end of it.

I thought he was shite. A fullback who couldn't defend. Mind you we've had a few of them.
That's the new normal, Trent Darby, Frimpong, Porro great players in the attacking sense but MIA when it comes to defending.

Walker is rapidly becoming the last old school right back.

He never really got a sustained spell in the squad, and that was the main problem. There were games where he defended well, when we were deliberately playing a bit more conservatively. I think his main problem was his tactical naivety, often being caught out of position and not being able to get back. And being in and out of the squad never allowed him to build up that relationship with the other players.

But it's definitely possible that he was just crap, we'll probably never know. Let's be honest, there were plenty of times when Cancelo was a liability defensively too, but he had the creativity going forward to make up for it, whereas Mendy's delivery consisted of him rocketing a ball across goal at the speed of sound every time. Looked great when it came off, but more often than not, no-one was getting on the end of it.
No for me he just wasn't up to it.

That's the new normal, Trent Darby, Frimpong, Porro great players in the attacking sense but MIA when it comes to defending.

Walker is rapidly becoming the last old school right back.
To be fair though, it's not unusual to see full backs become more defensive the older they get. At Spurs, Walker was quite attacking, and for England too. But yeah, too many full backs nowadays that are shit at one-on-one defending in particular, which is why we're playing centre-backs there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.