Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to god he's just a diversion target.
Monaco's defence has been suspect so it wouldn't make sense to go after their defenders, no matter how good they are going forward.
Then again I'm not Pep and maybe he sees potential where I only see potential danger on the defensive side of business.

watched the game today (yday) he was immense. Each time he would take on swedens left side and was quicker then any of their players. And his crosses reach the exact danger area. I think this guy is the real deal. He was strong in challenges, and always on the run. Defensive wise one to two mistakes. No player is perfect. But he was quick to switch from attacking to defending.

Legally, buying clubs should agree a fee with the selling club before talking to a player. But the reality of today's market is that all clubs are in touch with agents and usually agree terms with a player before they even make a bid to the player's club.

Everyone knows it goes on, and the only way it messes up if you get cocky like Liverpool and you announce it to the press before you've reached an agreement with the club.

So what usually happens nowadays is, a club will agree terms with the player, his existing club will catch wind of it either through the agent, after an official bid, or the press, and the selling club will then start leaking to the press that other clubs are interested. This is to smoke out any other clubs who might be interested, and also to try and drive up the price the interested club will be willing to pay.

It's more than likely this is the position City are in with Mendy. We've probably got an agreement from the player to come, he's probably said he's happy with the terms we're offering, so all that is left is for us to agree a fee with the selling club. Monaco release to the press that other clubs are interested, we release to the press we're interested in alternatives (Bertrand, Sandro etc). It's all cat and mouse part of the negotiation.

I'm pretty confident that we've agreed terms with Mendy and we'll eventually agree a price with Monaco after the international break is over. I'm not claiming to be ITK, just assuming based on information that's publicly available.

Good post ,Shaelumstash. Clear, lucid and above all, plausible. I think there's a lot of dancing around like this (as in two boxers dancing round each other in the ring), but we know that, these days, four times out of five, the player and his agent get their way.

watched the game today (yday) he was immense. Each time he would take on swedens left side and was quicker then any of their players. And his crosses reach the exact danger area. I think this guy is the real deal. He was strong in challenges, and always on the run. Defensive wise one to two mistakes. No player is perfect. But he was quick to switch from attacking to defending.
We should ask for a million off the price for each mistake. So 58m now?

I watched the game as well and fully agree. Mendy was great, especially in the first half, really dangerous. Ran past two defenders with ease and put it on a plate for Giroud, great play.

His crossing is some of the best I've seen, to be running at that speed and put in so many accurate crosses is amazing, hopefully we can get him, definitely has the potential to be the best LB in the world.

I watched the game as well and fully agree. Mendy was great, especially in the first half, really dangerous. Ran past two defenders with ease and put it on a plate for Giroud, great play.

His crossing is some of the best I've seen, to be running at that speed and put in so many accurate crosses is amazing, hopefully we can get him, definitely has the potential to be the best LB in the world.

At the other end was a bit of a worry though. Bad decision making to go challenge in the centre. Then he missed the header and they scored. Only young though.

Actually thought Sidibe was better yesterday. How much for all of Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.