Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clichy last season was awful but he was decent for us before that, although certainly not anything to write home about and that's pretty much the level I see Bertrand at. I do hope that it's him and Mendy rather than him instead of Mendy.

Was only jesting bud. Although I think video games have no relevance here and it's slightly bizarre that you'd try to use them as a stick to beat people with when you have zero experience of them.

Yep, I was only jesting also. Thought you would of realised that.
My point was a serious one though.
Some fans seem to have opinions on players who they have never seen live.
hence the video game referral.
I certainly wasn't making a comment about bertrand ( not his thread) only about the post and the poster. Posts are usually either very negative or very positive about players when the truth is often somewhere between.
You do need some players though not top drawer are good enough to start, Fit the system and will not kick up a fuss (live in a cave).
Have a good one.

You do need some players though not top drawer are good enough to start, Fit the system and will not kick up a fuss (live in a cave).

Completely agree there. I guess the reason why you see more overly negative and overly positive posts is that those who are in between are less likely to post in approval or disproval because they don't feel strongly enough about it to type it out.

Enjoy your Friday evening!

Don't embarrass ourselves into believing this "report" has any grain of truth.

We don't suddenly arrive mid June and discover the asking price is higher than we are prepared to pay.

Especially so, when than club is Monaco, having already concluded the discussions over Silva.

You know it's nearing the end game for sealing our transfers when shit is pedalled such as...

A - They prefer United
B - We are willing to pay £1m a week wages
C - The player prefers to live in London
D - Chelsea have made a dramatic late bid
E - United didn't want them anyway

Amazing how often A - E appear!

Don't embarrass ourselves into believing this "report" has any grain of truth.

We don't suddenly arrive mid June and discover the asking price is higher than we are prepared to pay.

Especially so, when than club is Monaco, having already concluded the discussions over Silva.

You know it's nearing the end game for sealing our transfers when shit is pedalled such as...

A - They prefer United
B - We are willing to pay £1m a week wages
C - The player prefers to live in London
D - Chelsea have made a dramatic late bid
E - United didn't want them anyway

Just like today's stories that Bayern are willing to Pay £40million for Sanchez and blow our wage offer out of the water......

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question - I'm from the US and have only been watching the game for a few years - but what might the reasons be for why the move for Mendy wasn't completed at the same time as Silva if we grant A) Mendy is open (or prefers according to some reports) playing for Pep/City & B) city have done their homework and know what Monoco wants for the player? Not trying to imply I don't think it will happen, and hope it does cause while typing this I just watched him whip in a sick cross vs SWE, just wondering if I should read anything into why both wouldn't be worked out simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.