Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was okay. Not the "a bit shit of a player" ooverreaction some are having.

But like I've said many times, Silva and Mbappe are the only standout players at Monaco. The others are just okay. Yes, that includes Sidibe, Fabihno, Mendy, Bakayoko and the rest of the lot.

They are all good players. But nothing special. Good thing we nabbed one of the 2 real talent on that squad.

As for Mendy, Fabihno or anyone else on that Monaco squad, I'm lukewarm about.

If I were pushed to pick the 3rd best player, is say its Lemar. So there :)

I remember listening to a podcast with Julien Laurens or Jonathan Johnson and they were saying how overplayed Mendy was this season to the point where he would only be able to play 60 mins of the Juve semi-final and they still risked him. Lo and behold he was subbed on 60 mins. I suppose those fitness concerns are why we're looking for solid backup in Bertrand.

I have concerns about Mendy's defending and think he might not be the sharpest upstairs but Pep is looking for physical full backs that can get up and down for 90 minutes for sustained attacks. Mendy fits that bill along with Walker & Bertrand hence why we look so interested in them.

But there has to be other options besides Mendy (injury-prone) and Walker (60m price).

Didn't Gundogan walk off the pitch in his last game before the severity of his injury was known. When Mendy walked off that was the first thing I thought of. The whole incident seemed to be innocuous with no contact. Could be a long one - hopefully not.

Didn't Gundogan walk off the pitch in his last game before the severity of his injury was known. When Mendy walked off that was the first thing I thought of. The whole incident seemed to be innocuous with no contact. Could be a long one - hopefully not.

I thought exactly the same, but a) I don't think the medical staff would have let him dick about with his mates afterwards if it was that serious and b) I doubt he'd be so chipper if he was facing 6-7 months out. So I am pretty hopeful it was just an awkward landing, maybe rolled it a bit or slight hyperextension and no point taking a chance on it in a stupid friendly game.

I'm not a physio, but I remain hopeful.

Well I suppose watching him for 30 mins and saying he's shit is a step up from not watching him and saying he's shit.

So we're moving in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.