Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 4 injuries this season, his medical needs to be as thorough as possible.

There didn't seem to be much contact in the challenge before he hobbled off against England.

We need to strengthen the first team, not have another injury prone player regularly on the treatment table.

He's not really that injury prone IMO, just has a habit of picking up little tweaks or strains because he's so overplayed. Let's put it this way - despite his 4 injuries, he still played more football than anyone in our squad except Otamendi, KDB & Fernandinho.

I'm willing to bet that if he comes here with an adequate back up who lets him get rested every now and then, he'll shake off those little injuries that would cost him a fortnight here or there. Pep's also sorted out our soft tissue injuries, we got far fewer of them than in previous years.

Also he's apparently fine now, not injured, the England game thing seems to have just been a little tweak and taking him off for precaution.

He's not really that injury prone IMO, just has a habit of picking up little tweaks or strains because he's so overplayed. Let's put it this way - despite his 4 injuries, he still played more football than anyone in our squad except Otamendi, KDB & Fernandinho.
Not true: Stones, Kolorov, Silva, Clichy, Sterling and Sergio have also all played more minutes this season. That's 9 City players who have played more in 16/17.

In 15/16 Mendy played less minutes with cruciate ligament and hamstring injuries.

I agree he doesn't seem quite a 'Roque Santa Cruz' but he does seem more injury prone than I would like for a 22 year old.

Not true: Stones, Kolorov, Silva, Clichy, Sterling and Sergio have also all played more minutes this season. That's 9 City players who have played more in 16/17.

In 15/16 Mendy played less minutes with cruciate ligament and hamstring injuries.

I agree he doesn't seem quite a 'Roque Santa Cruz' but he does seem more injury prone than I would like for a 22 year old.

You'll see. When he's no longer made to play every single match even when not fit, his injuries will evaporate.

Manchester City, CFC & LFC remain in the hunt for Mendy. Monaco wants to keep him unless exceptional offer is made (€50m+) [L’Équipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.