Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva was first out of the door, then Monaco don't want to look like they are being arse raped.
So why would they let the better player leave so easily then? We have been linked with Mendy long before Silva.

You honestly think we agreed both and Monaco said 'We want to show our fans we are no mugs so have one of our best players but we want to drag Mendy out'.

So why would they let the better player leave so easily then? We have been linked with Mendy long before Silva.

You honestly think we agreed both and Monaco said 'We want to show our fans we are no mugs so have one of our best players but we want to drag Mendy out'.
Equally could say do you not think we discussed Mendy with them when we were signing Silva?

Lots of transfers are agreed in principle nowadays before we get to hear about it via the media or the clubs, little bit of haggling over the final details drags it out a bit but the will on both sides will be for the deals to go through and that's what I reckon is the case with both Mendy and Walker.

Equally could say do you not think we discussed Mendy with them when we were signing Silva?

Lots of transfers are agreed in principle nowadays before we get to hear about it via the media or the clubs, little bit of haggling over the final details drags it out a bit but the will on both sides will be for the deals to go through and that's what I reckon is the case with both Mendy and Walker.
I completely agree with everything you have said there.

There is a huge difference between clubs haggling over the finer details to finalise a deal than claiming it's all done and the delay is just posturing for the fans.

I really hope this is true. As this would be in line with a proper valuation of the player. Contrary to the over exaggerated beliefs that has become the norm here.

It would seem, unlike a lot of our fans, that our front office actually understands value. Kudos!

I really hope this is true. As this would be in line with a proper valuation of the player. Contrary to the over exaggerated beliefs that has become the norm here.

It would seem, unlike a lot of our fans, that our front office actually understands value. Kudos!
Well said Dax. It's all about value. Looking at Mendy and thinking French international, key player in making Monaco Ligue 1 champions so £7mil more than Nathan Ake is about right.

Well said Dax. It's all about value. Looking at Mendy and thinking French international, key player in making Monaco Ligue 1 champions so £7mil more than Nathan Ake is about right.

Except it's not all about value at all. Part of our advantage with the Sheik is that we don't have to worry about value. That's what separates us from Arsenal.

Imagine walking away from Sanchez because we think 46 is value and they want 52. Nope!

Except it's not all about value at all. Part of our advantage with the Sheik is that we don't have to worry about value. That's what separates us from Arsenal.

Imagine walking away from Sanchez because we think 46 is value and they want 52. Nope!
Sorry fella my post was tongue in cheek. I agree, I really don't understand why people go on about values. The few deals that have happened so far show how crazy this window is.

proper valuation by whom? We will pay what we believe to be his value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.