Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Paul was being sarcastic with the Nathan Ake comment. Clearly, he doesn't rate Ale. I actually think Ake is a good player. Worth. Somewhere btw 15 -20 million.

In not worried about being off by a few million. I'm worried about the very things that have held us back in the past. Overpaying! When you overpay for a player you coz 2 likely problems, 1 if he doesn't pan out, you are now stuck with a good player you overpaid for who no one else can take off your hands. Bony, Mangala, Adebayor etc. To name a few. But when you buy players at fair value, even when they don't work oit, they are easier to move. I.e Negredo, Garcia, and soon Nolito.

Paying fair value is about so much more than wether you get be cocky and bash United fans for paying excessively on Pogba while you think you got value on Gundogan (as very many of the same folks who don't care about price now, felt somehow compelled to point out all season).

I actually don't give a rat's ads about being proud of or prices. I genuinely believe it's a key ingredient for success. Both in dealings dealingsand in our ability to keep tweaking and get better.

I need us to pay fair price so players who don't succeed can be moved on easily and we can tweak again.

When we pay because we can, we set in motion a process that almost always potentially hurt us. And its why I focus on it. Not out of some grandiose need to feel pride in being a penny pincher. I genuinely think its part of the success matrix.

Ok, good post. I couldn't agree more about being able to tweak and move players out. Correct me if I'm wrong here...Doesn't that have more to do with our wage structure and little to do with the fee? (Obv the higher the xfer fee / the higher wages part I get but how is that even avoidable?)I'm not sure that's a problem we can avoid anytime soon unfortunately...

Its irrelevant what other fullbacks have gone for. We have identified the ones we want and we will pay the least we can, the only other options are getting second choice players for less, or not getting them in for pre season while we haggle for a few million and risk not getting them at all.
What you or I think is the right price doesn't mean a thing.
I agree we will pay the least we can, but you'd. Be wrong to think what other fullbacks are going for don't matter. It does. A lot!

Side question, if Monaco says we value Mendy at 120 million Euros. What would you suggest we do?

I agree we will pay the least we can, but you'd. Be wrong to think what other fullbacks are going for don't matter. It does. A lot!

Side question, if Monaco says we value Mendy at 120 million Euros. What would you suggest we do?
If that's the case we call up Sandro really quick haha

If that's the case we call up Sandro really quick haha

We will have a figure what we wouldnt pay, then we'd move on to plan b, what that figure is doesn't concern me, I know the stability of the club won't be put at risk, so why would I worry. If we buy Mendy then it means we have our first choice at a fee the club are comfortable with.

We will have a figure what we wouldnt pay, then we'd move on to plan b, what that figure is doesn't concern me, I know the stability of the club won't be put at risk, so why would I worry. If we buy Mendy then it means we have our first choice at a fee the club are comfortable with.

Mendy's last IG story was in an airport, I assume Miami International Airport. Looks like he's running late for the flight... according to the Departures schedule from Miami the two flights going to Paris leave later tonight but there was a flight going to Heathrow that left about 20mins ago... his IG story posted 40mins ago. So it makes sense he was rushing to get to the gate if he was getting on that flight to Heathrow...time will tell.

I know this is pathetic, I'm bored.

Upon further investigation (lol), you can see from his IG story that he gets dropped off at gate D28... American Airlines flight 56 leaves from Gate D28 at 6:00pm (right now) and it's headed to Heathrow...

Upon further investigation (lol), you can see from his IG story that he gets dropped off at gate D28... American Airlines flight 56 leaves from Gate D28 at 6:00pm (right now) and it's headed to Heathrow...

Cracking detective work! Hopefully this gets done soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.