Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero would be sold because there's no way of having Mbappé, Sanchez, Sterling, Sané, Jesus *and* Aguero.

It's a really obvious idea, Mbappé is going to be a once in a generation player so you move Aguero on a year or 2 early. You miss out on a few goals this season but are paid back several times over in time and you've also got better interplay between the front 3 so you get more goals overall even if Mbappé scores fewer individually than Aguero would.

I don't want it to happen, I want to see Aguero stay and I'm pretty sure he will, but I completely understand the reasoning behind the move if it happens.

If it's Sanchez and Mbappe then i could understand yes, but that wasn't wat the OP said he just said Mbappe would put doubt on Aguero's future to which I'd disagree and I'm sure you would aswell.

Aguero would be sold because there's no way of having Mbappé, Sanchez, Sterling, Sané, Jesus *and* Aguero.

It's a really obvious idea, Mbappé is going to be a once in a generation player so you move Aguero on a year or 2 early. You miss out on a few goals this season but are paid back several times over in time and you've also got better interplay between the front 3 so you get more goals overall even if Mbappé scores fewer individually than Aguero would.

I don't want it to happen, I want to see Aguero stay and I'm pretty sure he will, but I completely understand the reasoning behind the move if it happens.

This notion of 1/2 years down the line is exactly why it won't happen, a cliche but timing is everything and it just doesn't fit our timeline. Make no mistake, we have to win the league this year (or compete until the end), aguero will be expected to go out on a bang, cementing his legacy, the club simply won't offer him up.... now if mbappe can come in under the knowledge he'll have to wait then fine, I very much doubt it though....

Feel a little sorry for Monaco. A couple of additions and they would be serious CL contenders. Decimated

This is their business plan and this year their crop of purchases made good so from a financial standpoint they will sell as many players as they can and start all over again, perhaps a year or two without any success but profits this year more than compensate for a couple of barren years.

No chance. We've been building towards this coming season for at least the last 3, with getting Pep in and acquiring the players he wants. it's all in for these next two seasons, there's no way we willingly lose Aguero for Mbappe with a few years time in mind.

No chance. We've been building towards this coming season for at least the last 3, with getting Pep in and acquiring the players he wants. it's all in for these next two seasons, there's no way we willingly lose Aguero for Mbappe with a few years time in mind.

It's not with a few years in mind though, if you're going to reply to my post at least read it.

"you've also got better interplay between the front 3 so you get more goals overall even if Mbappé scores fewer individually than Aguero would."

There's the bit you apparently didn't get to. 2 sentences in.

I never mentioned anything about the team's performance dropping in the short term. Don't know where you've got that impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.