Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should offer them £40m+£5-7m in add-ons to get this deal done. Txiki then can focus on selling players and Bertrand + CB or DM

It's not with a few years in mind though, if you're going to reply to my post at least read it.

"you've also got better interplay between the front 3 so you get more goals overall even if Mbappé scores fewer individually than Aguero would."

There's the bit you apparently didn't get to. 2 sentences in.

I never mentioned anything about the team's performance dropping in the short term. Don't know where you've got that impression.

I got that impression because replacing Mbappe with Aguero right now weakens us. The guy is very good and will eventually be amazing, he's not currently better than Aguero though.

Who's to say you get better interplay? Aguero at the back end of last season shown he's more than capable of getting involved with the buildup and doing what Pep wants him to do, it's not like he's just a poacher that doesn't fit in with the team. His understanding with someone like Silva or Yaya for example is based on half a decade of playing together and you think Mbappe coming in would automatically offer more to our build up play, based on what exactly?

Aguero is the better player and the better fit right now. Losing him for Mbappe weakens us this season

Anyway, apologies for adding to the off-topic conversation, i'll keep it strictly on topic from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.