Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of ways to describe 40 million for a fullback, unfortunately "bargain" isn't one of them. In this or any market.
We're buying a vital cog in the machine. The fact he's a full back is irrelevant. £40m will be money well spent.

If we won the treble, would you have a different opinion.
On whether they were bargains? No. if the rumors are true they will be the 2 most expensive fullbacks on history. Even if they turn out to be the 2 best fullbacks in the world at best, they'd have proven to be worth their expensive cost. But bargain? That's when you get something for cheaper than you should have.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around the most expensive players at their position being deemed bargains.

We're buying a vital cog in the machine. The fact he's a full back is irrelevant. £40m will be money well spent.
Spot on.
I was listening to the idiot Groves on talks*it the other day banging on about how we'd paid over the odds for Walker because he is only a full back , and full backs simply ain't that important.
Any pundit who understands modern football systems ( and that lets Groves out) knows that Pep , who is , and has been, the architect of the most successful tactics seen in Europe, uses full backs in a totally different way and would know that they are vital to his system.
Makes me laugh , the lack of knowledge amongst so called experts.

On whether they were bargains? No. if the rumors are true they will be the 2 most expensive fullbacks on history. Even if they turn out to be the 2 best fullbacks in the world at best, they'd have proven to be worth their expensive cost. But bargain? That's when you get something for cheaper than you should have.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around the most expensive players at their position being deemed bargains.
Bet you do all your shopping at Walmart.

I didn't say it wouldn't be. Just not with the self delusion of thinking it a bargain. The position is actually quite relevant. As it is noteworthy to note what other players at that position are going for.

8 very good fullbacks have moved to different top teams. The prices range from:

Free: Kolasinac and. Alves
In the teens: Karsdorp, Rodriquez, Berchiche, Peres,
In the 20s: Hernandez and Semedo

Then we have 2 in the 40s.

Caling the 2 in the 40s a bargain. Is turning what it literally means to be a bargain on its head. They are the antithesis of a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.