Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger Kev and Cousin Vinny. Belgium is alright in my books.

If they were willing to strip citizenships of white men with afro haircuts, I'd make them an honorary part of our crumbled Empire.
Kev and Vinny (and one of my best mates that now resides in Thailand, while we're at it) aside, who I agree are proper gentlemen, have you actually carried on a conversation for any length of time with a Belgian as of late?

Most (though, not all) make the royal family seem quant and folksy. ;-)

I didn't say it wouldn't be. Just not with the self delusion of thinking it a bargain. The position is actually quite relevant. As it is noteworthy to note what other players at that position are going for.

8 very good fullbacks have moved to different top teams. The prices range from:

Free: Kolasinac and. Alves
In the teens: Karsdorp, Rodriquez, Berchiche, Peres,
In the 20s: Hernandez and Semedo

Then we have 2 in the 40s.

Caling the 2 in the 40s a bargain. Is turning what it literally means to be a bargain on its head. They are the antithesis of a bargain.
We didn't want any of the 8 you mention though so it's irrelevant. We have earmarked Mendy by all accounts and will pay what's required to get him.

On whether they were bargains? No. if the rumors are true they will be the 2 most expensive fullbacks on history. Even if they turn out to be the 2 best fullbacks in the world at best, they'd have proven to be worth their expensive cost. But bargain? That's when you get something for cheaper than you should have.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around the most expensive players at their position being deemed bargains.
If you bought a 50k car and sold it for 100k, you'd still say the 50k car was too expensive, but if you bought a 300 car and sold it for 600, the 300 car would of been a bargain. That's not an insult it's a mindset.

We didn't want any of the 8 you mention though so it's irrelevant. We have earmarked Mendy by all accounts and will pay what's required to get him.
Again, you are arguing against something I neither stated nor have I argued. My only statement its about whether its a bargain.

I've argued not about whether they are a clog or key or whether we wanted any back that moved.

The way you know a bargain is by comparing it to other similar things. Hence why comparing them to similar players moving to other top clubs is relevant.

Seeing as 6 Champions league clubs have all purchased 9 fullbacks excluding ours. And none of them have paid within 10 million of what it seems we are, I simply can't see a bargain.

I think we've offered their asking price

This person on twitter thinks so as well..;) Hope its right!

Julien ~ ⚽‏ @julien_mgrt 1m1 minute ago
Je viens d'apprendre une mauvaise nouvelle. Mendy va partir à City. Toutes les parties sont quasiment d'accord. City paie ce que Monaco veut

Translated from French by Bing

I just heard some bad news. Mark will go to City. All parties are almost in agreement. City pays what Monaco wants

This person on twitter thinks so as well..;) Hope its right!

Julien ~ ⚽‏ @julien_mgrt 1m1 minute ago
Je viens d'apprendre une mauvaise nouvelle. Mendy va partir à City. Toutes les parties sont quasiment d'accord. City paie ce que Monaco veut

Translated from French by Bing

I just heard some bad news. Mark will go to City. All parties are almost in agreement. City pays what Monaco wants
Who is Mark?

Again, you are arguing against something I neither stated nor have I argued. My only statement its about whether its a bargain.

I've argued not about whether they are a clog or key or whether we wanted any back that moved.

The way you know a bargain is by comparing it to other similar things. Hence why comparing them to similar players moving to other top clubs is relevant.

Seeing as 6 Champions league clubs have all purchased 9 fullbacks excluding ours. And none of them have paid within 10 million of what it seems we are, I simply can't see a bargain.
I'm not arguing anything, just pointing out that we've gone for certain fullbacks and are willing to pay what's required. Wherever they're considered bargains or not doesn't interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.