Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have agreed a fee with Monaco before signing Walker for big money.
Anyway, it looks like the delay now is mostly because the clubs are haggling over around £5m. Multiple reports say that Monaco want £45m whilst City don't want to pay more than £40m. The situation with Neymar and Mbappe doesn't help either. I think City will want to know what happens on those fronts before spending significant sum of money on another fullback, just in case part of those funds are required elsewhere. They'll probably also wait until Danilo has been announced because that may improve their negotiating position. I don't see Mendy being done this week.

If we'd agreed a fee with Monaco before the Walker deal was done you'd no doubt be on here saying the opposite of what you've just said.

Anyone thought the delay could be we are trying to agree a fee for 2 of there players instead of one?...

I doubt it.

I think it's all to do with setting out a strict budget on each desired position, in particularly full-backs.

Alves was supposed to come on a free but with him changing his mind it has ended up costing us £26m with us signing Danilo.

I get the feeling Monaco want Walker money for Mendy and we won't budge from £40m.

That's the way it is anyway already. It doesn't matter once they take to the pitch in a blue shirt mate. No one cares about the odd 5 million. It's the last thing I think about

I don't believe it is that way mate, if it was then we'd be breaking transfer records constantly.

I agree to an extent about caring about their cost but at the same time I don't want to see the club rinsed every time we go for a player like, which will happen if you don't try negotiating the selling club's price down.

If we'd agreed a fee with Monaco before the Walker deal was done you'd no doubt be on here saying the opposite of what you've just said.

And why is that? If anything this would have helped reduce the fee paid for Walker.

I don't believe it is that way mate, if it was then we'd be breaking transfer records constantly.

I agree to an extent about caring about their cost but at the same time I don't want to see the club rinsed every time we go for a player like, which will happen if you don't try negotiating the selling club's price down.

I graciously accept your position. Let's hope this thread can be put to bed in City's favour soon ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.