Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the ups and downs of this transfer, I'll wait to see him hold up a shirt before getting too excited but this and the Walker signings, by far the most important of the summer....Whether Sanchez comes or not...we now have a complete squad for the first time in a long time!;)

Mendy is a must purchase for City and the sooner its on the o.s. the better. But. .
All that's happened is we've hit the magic number that Monaco feel is acceptable. He's not signed yet.
Chelsea now know what they need to bid to get him. A quick phone call and an offer of 55 million and he's theirs as it seems they want him. Then we have a problem. Monaco don't care where he goes after all and sell to the highest bidder.
Just adding a note of caution here guys.
I'd be happy paying 100m as its not my money but let's hope none of this happens.

We need a good backup option as well, Mendy has averaged around 27 games a season over the past 3 years so I guess this is where Danilo will come in

Mendy is a must purchase for City and the sooner its on the o.s. the better. But. .
All that's happened is we've hit the magic number that Monaco feel is acceptable. He's not signed yet.
Chelsea now know what they need to bid to get him. A quick phone call and an offer of 55 million and he's theirs as it seems they want him. Then we have a problem. Monaco don't care where he goes after all and sell to the highest bidder.
I'd be happy paying 100m as its not my money but let's hope none of this happens.

I was happy, then I read this!

Fantastic attacking threat.
Not sure how good he is defensively.

Given all, he improves the team significantly and we are a side that has a lot of possession and attacks.

If/when he signs I feel it will be one of our most significant signings of the summer.

Stupid discussion about fees. We need him - plain and simple. Same with Walker ... would you rather have had Sagna
down the right wing in Thu's match?

Also, my bet is the initial fee is below 50m. Again, similar to Walker where we heard "excess of 50" and it turned out to be 45. Sky Sports of course keeps quoting Walker as 50m in the same breath as Lukaku is 75m and Martial was 36m. Ignore and tune out all this cr@p. If we win the league, who'll be laughing next May?

I agree. Who LB else available at a fair price? City have money and the club sellers know this. It's simple.

Lost my erection after reading your post :-(

Hope ambramovich doesn't read it either! ;-)

Presumably our owners are happy with his defensive skills.
I do not know his game but only see reference to his attacking flair and his pinpoint crossing of the ball. No doubt honed whilst playing for Monaco who had a successful year so probably not too much defending I guess.
He has speed so can hopefully do a good positional recovery when needed but have his defensive qualities been thoroughly tested, I guess during CL games ?

meme-sad-keanu-reeves-1377805637330_956x500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.