benjani (who cares)

mammutly said:
moomba said:
I agree, too many people can't cope with another supporter with a different opinion to themselves.

Also agreed.

In general it appears to me that there are some 'fans' who cannot function without a hate figure to moan about.
Agreed, like those who have an unnatural hatred of the manager so much that they want him to fail.

nhsuperstar said:
can't somebody just delete this thread? even the title is an outrage. We are Man City for christs sake! We're supposed to be bigger and better than this

We're not though are we? Ask Richard Edgehill, Lee Bradbury, Georgious Samaras, Jo, etc etc. In fact, for as long as I can remember we've always had a 'whipping boy', who a section of supporters love to give some shit. Those who are putting this down to 'new supporters' are way wide of the mark imo.

Delete the thread? What's all that about? Being a football fan is all about opinions and everyone should be able to voice theirs. Of course it may not be acceptable to the more sensitive of us to say Benjani is shit, but TBH he is and I have never heard anyone say he isn't. Old or new fans!
Cash and a higher level of expectation doesn't mean you can't voice an opinion that a player is not very good.
The post about Gelson, Ched, Dunny and Petrov are also common opinions that dont make you less of a City fan.

hgblue said:
nhsuperstar said:
can't somebody just delete this thread? even the title is an outrage. We are Man City for christs sake! We're supposed to be bigger and better than this

We're not though are we? Ask Richard Edgehill, Lee Bradbury, Georgious Samaras, Jo, etc etc. In fact, for as long as I can remember we've always had a 'whipping boy', who a section of supporters love to give some shit. Those who are putting this down to 'new supporters' are way wide of the mark imo.

Creaney. I'll never forget the shouts of "Oi Creaney, you couldn't finish yer dinner!" Or "Oi Creaney, my Mum could do better than that, and she's got no legs!". Have to say I did chuckle when I heard them tho ;)

Gelson, Evans, Vass... all gave 100% at all times. None of them were great talents but they played as hard as any of us would given the chance.

Benjani did not. That is the difference.

On matchday I will support anyone in our shirt. If they are playing shit I will not start to shout abuse. But outside of matchday I'll freely criticise players I perceive to be lazy.

squirtyflower said:
mammutly said:
Also agreed.

In general it appears to me that there are some 'fans' who cannot function without a hate figure to moan about.
Agreed, like those who have an unnatural hatred of the manager so much that they want him to fail.

Are there people here who want City to lose games?

I always want City to win myself. Anything else is just wrong.

My memory is shite but I seem to remember that Benjani was in cracking form for Portsmouth before he joined us and was 2nd leading scorer in the Premiership at the time.

6m seemed a fair price even though he was a gamble as we knew he had a dodgy knee when we signed him. He's probably not lived up to our expectations but he's still got a few goals left in him - just not for us as we can now afford to shop at Harrods.

And like load of other City fans when I think of Benjani I think of 2-1 at Old Trafford and smile - not as wide as he does but I don't think 'He's shit lets get rid!' Good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.