Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Minstrel-show.jpg

City treating the allegations with the respect they deserve by hiring these lawyers to defend our Bernie.
Fucking grow up you daft ****, these things are not a joke you know.

Racism and other forms of persecution is an appalling thing that needs sorting in modern society, however, the bar for insulting someone through colour/creed/condition/religion etc is now so low that it is not surprising that cases such as Bernados come up regularly when people get offended on someone elses behalf. Surely accidentally insulting somebody who happens to see a harmless tweet between long time friends and then persuing punishment which nobody dare oppose is not what the fight against true racism is about. Soon life will be like that yes/no/dont know game where you have to talk without saying those words, if you speak for long enough, you surely will insult somebody somewhere sooner or later. I have never considered myself racist and try to take everyone as I find them, but Im so glad that I dont do social media( posting on here from time to time is my limit). there will always be horrible racists in the world, but labelling non racists as racist is not the answer, or are they just easy targets in todays climate.

I am not sure why people are still arguing about it. As much as I love the player. There should definitely be consequences. The video shown equally shows that he knows what he was doing. He definitely understands what he is highlighting in his banter. It’s difficult to say if it’s okay amongst friends. That’s something Mendy needs to decide. From my own experience, it’s better to just kill such banter, because the individual joking about race often don’t know when they cross the line and then it just becomes a mess when you are actually offended. Especially when they are friends and you allowed a joke in the past. But to put the tweet and the video that came out in public domain. Its just not between friends anymore. Being a role model as well, you just have to be more responsible. To the people blaming other people for being offended. Perhaps try to listen to folks that go through these things. I don’t see why it’s difficult to accept that it’s just not okay. Do it amongst your friends (if they accept it).

I am not sure why people are still arguing about it. As much as I love the player. There should definitely be consequences. The video shown equally shows that he knows what he was doing. He definitely understands what he is highlighting in his banter. It’s difficult to say if it’s okay amongst friends. That’s something Mendy needs to decide. From my own experience, it’s better to just kill such banter, because the individual joking about race often don’t know when they cross the line and then it just becomes a mess when you are actually offended. Especially when they are friends and you allowed a joke in the past. But to put the tweet and the video that came out in public domain. Its just not between friends anymore. Being a role model as well, you just have to be more responsible. To the people blaming other people for being offended. Perhaps try to listen to folks that go through these things. I don’t see why it’s difficult to accept that it’s just not okay. Do it amongst your friends (if they accept it).

15 posts in 7 years and I get the feeling that’s too many.

Mario got a one match ban and a fine for that post on instagram you could argue that it was incredibly lenient you could also argue that the furore following Bernados indiscretion is an over reaction. Taking the question on face value and based on reading the news and social media the racist comments by players in the UK are mainly made by white players so it looks like and appears that there are more racist comments made by white players on minorities.
The choc ice reference made by Ferdinand on Cole was another that was punished by the FA, personally I believe most people consider racism to be unfathomable and if and when genuine racism is found it needs to be routed out, this Bernado incident is all out of proportion and if he gets a long ban it'll be a travesty.

They are best mates,it was fine,benny has written to the fa to confirm he is not offended,go through what things? having a joke with your mate,this isn't racism,it does no favours to the racist cause to label it as such

Yeah I reckon any other black person from the millions who could've saw it should shut their trap if they're offended

This isn't about them, this is about two young high profile sports stars having some perfectly normal banter on social media in front of millions

I agree, I don't see why we need to defend Bernardo to death on this one. It was harmless, I am certain he really is a nice bloke, but it was very stupid of him to put a joke like that on social media when we all know racism is a very sensitive topic in today's football. Ever heard of WhatsApp? That's the place for these kind of jokes.

Like it or not he has a certain responsibility when in the public domain. If he'd just apologized and said it shouldn't have been a joke made in public this would have all blown over, which was the right thing to do IMO. I know enough not to make jokes like that on social media and I don't have millions of followers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.