Bernard Halford Life President

cyberblue

Why is it at Some Clubs, just like in Politics that People who get well paid for having a Cushy number Get Rewards above all proportion ,I have nothing against Bernard but have not a clue what he does at the club .Would much rather people who work behind the Scenes on low wages get rewarded

TomInce93 said:
If you read it on the website thats exactly what hes been doing working for the club for over 45 years as the club secertary.
I know what the Title Says he is but what does he do ?

cyberblue said:
TomInce93 said:
If you read it on the website thats exactly what hes been doing working for the club for over 45 years as the club secertary.

If you don't know, why are you moaning?

Once again the board at City show that they do understand our club and get it right when rewarding a long serving member of the 'backroom' squad.

Congratulations Bernard.

cyberblue said:
TomInce93 said:
Among other things, he is responsible for making sure the club meets all their legal obligations re filing of accounts, statutory returns and other responsibilities. He will have handled share flotations and issues, plus organising AGMs. He will be the main contact with the FA and Premier League, doing all the paperwork for transfers and contracts and ensuring we are compliant with all relevant football regulations.

He will also be responsible for ensuring fixtures are properly organised and that everyone gets where they need to when they need to, as well as ticketing.

I assume it's like a company secretary. He's not typing up Garry's letters - more making sure that we comply with relevant legal and statutory rules.

It's often quite a high ranking position within private companies, and, with the changes in football over the last 45 years is likely to be a much more difficult job. I suspect that the legal issues around transfers, accounts, stadium management etc are so complex these days that a large part of the role involves knowing when to seek legal and financial advice, and managing those relationships.

Then again...he might just be making the tea.

cyberblue said:
Why is it at Some Clubs, just like in Politics that People who get well paid for having a Cushy number Get Rewards above all proportion ,I have nothing against Bernard but have not a clue what he does at the club .Would much rather people who work behind the Scenes on low wages get rewarded

If you don't have a clue what he does then why the fuck are you complaining about it?

He's been here for 5 decades, has done a very important job for 5 decades and is getting rewarded for that and it is a reward that is long overdue. He has been a fantastic servant to Manchester City. Congrats to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.