Bernard Halford Life President

It's people like Bernard who make Manchester City 'tick'..... he has seen it all - and what he doesn't know about football - isn't worth knowing.

There are things that Mr Halford will have been a part of - but not made a song and dance about it...... which is why the OP probably assumes Bernard was 'on a cushy number'

Congratulations to City for recognising all the hard work he has done and Congrats to Mr H!

Re: Bernard Halford Life President Truly deserved

Bernard has served four different owners at City and retained the position so it is clear he is not a hanger-on. Cut Bernard and he will bleed blue.

Congratulations Bernard this is a truly deserved honour and for sure it will mean a lot to you, I am not aware of anyone more deserving than Bernard

Re: Bernard Halford Life President Truly deserved

kramer said:
Bernard has served four different owners at City and retained the position so it is clear he is not a hanger-on. Cut Bernard and he will bleed blue.

Congratulations Bernard this is a truly deserved honour and for sure it will mean a lot to you, I am not aware of anyone more deserving than Bernard

John Maddock? ;-)

I am not moaninig just pointing out that he has ben well paid by the club all these years .& i would like to see other people rewarded as well .& unless he is a lot older than i think he has not been at the club for 5 decades . I would have thought the likes of Tony Book ,Colin Bell . Tommy Booth , Bert Traughtman would be just as fitting of the award .

cyberblue said:
I am not moaninig just pointing out that he has ben well paid by the club all these years .& i would like to see other people rewarded as well .& unless he is a lot older than i think he has not been at the club for 5 decades . I would have thought the likes of Tony Book ,Colin Bell . Tommy Booth , Bert Traughtman would be just as fitting of the award .

How do you know he has been well paid?

Weren't Tony Book, Colin Bell, Tommy Booth and Bert Trautman well paid?

bluenova said:
I assume it's like a company secretary. He's not typing up Garry's letters - more making sure that we comply with relevant legal and statutory rules.

It's often quite a high ranking position within private companies, and, with the changes in football over the last 45 years is likely to be a much more difficult job. I suspect that the legal issues around transfers, accounts, stadium management etc are so complex these days that a large part of the role involves knowing when to seek legal and financial advice, and managing those relationships.

Then again...he might just be making the tea.
Heard he does a good brew ,Think nowadays we have a Stadium manager to sort all that Stuff out & a Large Legal & Finance dept as well .

cyberblue said:

He is older than you think fifty years in football 37 at City

Is it not contradictory to say he has been well paid then point at others who were also well paid Skip is also a life Vice President Colin Bell has a stand named after him and Bert has a honorary Knighthood (or it maybe an OBE)

Mr Halford is a legendary figure around the club. As BrowneBlueBird said, what he doesn't know about football or Manchester City isn't worth knowing. He knows pretty much every FA/UEFA/Premier League regulation going (with regards running the club, game regulations and requirement, player transfers, fixtures etc), add that to the administration of the company and looking after the former players, he does a tremendous amount. He'll go to pretty much every First team, reserve, youth game that City have on.

Enjoy the new role Mr H.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.