Bernard Halford Life President

cyberblue said:
TomInce93 said:
If you read it on the website thats exactly what hes been doing working for the club for over 45 years as the club secertary.
I know what the Title Says he is but what does he do ?

He'll do a bit of shorthand, some typing, Garry Cook's coffee and then he'll go home.

But the little rascal is an Old Gregorian. Well, well, well, Bernard, my lad. Yer kept that quiet. Thankfully, his imprint had somewhat worn before the class of '59 got there.

Bernard's a great bloke. Always got time for the supporters and I've seen him at all manner of places following reserves, youth etc...

If a player earning shedloads can get a moneyspinning testimonial after 10 years with a club, I don't see why Bernard, with 38 years and not earning anything like players money, can't get an honourary position which doesn't involve a payout!! (Well there might be a golden handshake who knows, but it's still well deserved if you ask me).

Anyone who could put up with the working practices of Swales,Bernstein,Lee and Shinawatra,deserves a sainthood not an honorary life presidency.
The bloke's a blue through and through and for people to begrudge him this title just beggars belief.

A bloke who sends me cheques every now and then (winnings from the 250 club - got one for £100 at the moment) is allright by me LOL

On a more serious note - a top bloke and City through and through - and I'm old enough to rememberr him coming to us from Oldham Athletic

Deserves this honour in my opinion

And as for getting well paid - at least he turns up every day to do what he gets paid for - more than can be said for some of the players over the years he's been with City

Bernard has been a brilliant and loyal servant of our Football Club. He deserves this reward for the countless hours of dedication which are well beyond the call of duty.

blueyorkie said:
Bernard has been a brilliant and loyal servant of our Football Club. He deserves this reward for the countless hours of dedication which are well beyond the call of duty.
Shat on Tony Book from a great height.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.