Bernard

MihaiCity said:
Dribble said:
Just from the little I've seen of him, he'd be my preference over Isco. He looks like a brilliant prospect & he's as strong as fuck too. I loved the way he shrugged Jones off the ball, twisted him inside out & then laid off a neat pass to Hernanes.

what about having both??? i don't think both will cost more than 40M euros
With FFP frightening us to death I'd rather have Bernard & Navas as two out & out wingers with pace than Isco TBH. Like I've said before, I've seen a lot of Isco & unless I'd heard all the press adulation beforehand, he'd have never stood out for me as a player I'd covet.

Dribble said:
MihaiCity said:
Dribble said:
Just from the little I've seen of him, he'd be my preference over Isco. He looks like a brilliant prospect & he's as strong as fuck too. I loved the way he shrugged Jones off the ball, twisted him inside out & then laid off a neat pass to Hernanes.

With FFP frightening us to death I'd rather have Bernard & Navas as two out & out wingers with pace than Isco TBH. Like I've said before, I've seen a lot of Isco & unless I'd heard all the press adulation beforehand, he'd have never stood out for me as a player I'd covet.

Considering we pretty much have no wingers at all right now (OK, Sinclair, for all he's played and who may be leaving anyway) surely we need not only one winger for each side but back-ups as well?

Yeh, I like the idea of Bernard and Navas. That would mean no Isco but if we get the other two i can live with that.

Falastur said:
Dribble said:
MihaiCity said:

Considering we pretty much have no wingers at all right now (OK, Sinclair, for all he's played and who may be leaving anyway) surely we need not only one winger for each side but back-ups as well?
And that's my point, Isco is like a lesser version of Nasri or Silva not an out & out winger like Navas or Bernard.

He looks promising and could be a shrewd move but our only problem with signing Bernard is if has third party ownership.

Ray78 said:
He looks promising and could be a shrewd move but our only problem with signing Bernard is if has third party ownership.

It's not insurmountable. What usually happens is the buying club pays the selling club, and they use the money to first purchase 100% of the player's rights before instantly selling them on to the buyer. That doesn't breach FA rules on dealing with 3rd party.

Falastur said:
Ray78 said:

It's not insurmountable. What usually happens is the buying club pays the selling club, and they use the money to first purchase 100% of the player's rights before instantly selling them on to the buyer. That doesn't breach FA rules on dealing with 3rd party.

Thanks for clearing that up :). As long as Atletico Mineiro doesn't pull our pants down on this one then it could be a good deal.

NoahCity said:
Yeh, I like the idea of Bernard and Navas. That would mean no Isco but if we get the other two i can live with that.

Yeah this what I lean towards. Silva and a rejuvenated nasri offer more than enough creativity from positions away from the wing, lets complement that with two exciting rapid wingers.

We've lacked that x factor off the bench since Johnson left.

So any updated news of us getting Bernard? He was pretty good against England.

By the way can anyone tell me why Neymar is being given so much crap for his performances? He was probably the best 3 or 4 players for Brazil last night. Are people expecting him to score a goal every game or something? He's just 21! Messi at 21 was probaby around the same level as Neymar...

The amount of people who don't want to see him succeed is appalling. My bet is he'll do well at Barca. I'm annoyed he didn't come to us, but he's wanted Barca from the very start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.