Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnado is a super player. Pep needs to bring him on in Cm not out wide imo.

Yes. As many have pointed out on here, we saw in that second half what he’s truly capable of doing in his true position - CM. There seemed to be a moment when he decided to show how he (not Ronaldo) could take the game by the scruff of the neck for Portugal, as he started ‘pulling the strings’ from a central position. His stamina impressed me, too: he ran, passed and dribbled with purpose and energy until the final whistle. He certainly did not deserve to be on the losing side and I think we should all appreciate what a talent we have here. And he’s still young. While DS is, indeed, irreplaceable, I think we saw his ultimate and worthy successor last night.

Bernardo has had a hugely disappointing World Cup (same as most City players to be fair). He isn't the finished article yet so no way can we just snub Mahrez for him.

Bernardo has had a hugely disappointing World Cup (same as most City players to be fair). He isn't the finished article yet so no way can we just snub Mahrez for him.
Bernardo was Portugals best player second half.

I agree he's not set the world on fire but I don't think that's got anything to do with him not being the finished article. Ronaldo plays in the same team. Just one of those things, the teams not good enough.

Bernardo is technically excellent - he is a huge talent. Pep eased him in last season playing him out wide - which I guess is safe but it’s not really where Bernardo will flourish. I trust Pep to get Bernardo playing in the middle next season where we will see him give centre backs and defensive midfield players the run around. We just need to be patient- Pep will make him great and use his talents to maximum benefit.

Yes. As many have pointed out on here, we saw in that second half what he’s truly capable of doing in his true position - CM. There seemed to be a moment when he decided to show how he (not Ronaldo) could take the game by the scruff of the neck for Portugal, as he started ‘pulling the strings’ from a central position. His stamina impressed me, too: he ran, passed and dribbled with purpose and energy until the final whistle. He certainly did not deserve to be on the losing side and I think we should all appreciate what a talent we have here. And he’s still young. While DS is, indeed, irreplaceable, I think we saw his ultimate and worthy successor last night.

Agree entirely. Let's hope he gets more starts in that position next season. I would much rather see him in that position rather than the ineffective Gundogwan who is just too slow to play out wide.

I was in awe of his performance last night,and said to myself loads of times during the match how lucky we are to have him,he's gonna be a huge star for us,great player,Portugal were pretty poor,but he wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.