Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo is technically excellent - he is a huge talent. Pep eased him in last season playing him out wide - which I guess is safe but it’s not really where Bernardo will flourish. I trust Pep to get Bernardo playing in the middle next season where we will see him give centre backs and defensive midfield players the run around. We just need to be patient- Pep will make him great and use his talents to maximum benefit.
I agree

Disappointing in what regard? I thought he was excellent.

Bernardo was Portugals best player second half.

That’s two votes for Bernardo, was everywhere last night. Even popped up in unknown territory on the left wing. The ball sticks to him would like to see him get a few cameos there in the up coming campaign.

I was in awe of his performance last night,and said to myself loads of times during the match how lucky we are to have him,he's gonna be a huge star for us,great player,Portugal were pretty poor,but he wasn't

I thought he was very good last night but let's not forget he was ineffective and subbed off early in the first two games and then dropped for the third.

Bernardo has had a hugely disappointing World Cup (same as most City players to be fair). He isn't the finished article yet so no way can we just snub Mahrez for him.

First 2 games he looked knackered and wasn't great. Yesterday he was absolutely brilliant.

Yesterday he showed what he's capable of when playing in a central position. He's wasted on a wing. His close ball control is unbelievable.

I believe the reason why we're interested in Mahrez is that Pep wants to play Bernardo alongside KDB (Merlin will play less next season Pep told us) which means Mahrez would fit in perfectly on the right cutting inside on his left.

Would be good to see him in the centre, very restricted on the wing. Hopefully he can make an Isco like impact if hes playing in the middle in terms of control and passing.

I don't think he played in a central position.
He played all over, he was free to pick the ball up deep; he was on the left and right in the second half, started moves; made runs behind defenders. The shackles were off.l

Next season he hopefully will get more starts where he is not restricted. Last season I can understand why he would be, young and still getting stronger for the league he is now in.

Will be a star among stars.

He's no David Silva and never will be imo. But a very clever and potentially useful player for us certainly. Just needs to grow a second leg.

He's no David Silva and never will be imo. But a very clever and potentially useful player for us certainly. Just needs to grow a second leg.
Do you think he will be potentially useful enough to offer the same contribution as last season and help us win a back to back title?

Do you think he will be potentially useful enough to offer the same contribution as last season and help us win a back to back title?
We have several very good squad players who all contributed to last seasons success and will continue to do so. And yes I think he will as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.