Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see he has a lot of quality but I still think he's wasted on the wing.

His technique is superb but he doesn’t have the pace of Sterling and Sane, thus he isn’t terribly threatening on the wing.

I like the fella, he has potential - in the middle!

He's very one footed, and when he's out on the right, he's very easy to defend against.

That said, at the moment, I'd prefer to see Zinchenko in the middle before Bernardo. I just think he has a bit more directness about him.

Not sure if he was under instructions last night, but there were two occasions when he was one-on-one with a defender and there was no cover behind, so he could have taken him on. Instead, he held the ball and waited for support to arrive. Might not beat them for pace, but Bernardo's ability to sit a defender on his backside is second to none.

Right, I'm going to say it and I hope he proves me wrong, but after maybe a dozen performances I'm worried this guy is Samir Nasri the second: has ability but takes too long on the ball and takes the safe option too often. The way he slows us up is not the way Pep wants us to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.