Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by PrezIke, 29 Jul 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

He didn't play under Pep from 17 years of age though

2. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

Foden and Bernardo both have it in them to be as good as Dave without doubt.

3. domalino

domalino

Hang on, why have you changed from "No-one will be better than dave" to "there will never be a carbon copy of dave"?

4. mccity

mccity

Maybe she's wisened up? I think her new point is totally right though, Bernardo could easily hit those heights but he'd be a different player to David. Same with Foden. I hardly think she meant it as a knock on anyone not called David (not assuming you thought that though dw :)).

5. karen7

karen7

In my opinion there will be no-one as good as dave,he is best i've seen in a blue shirt but there will be someone maybe bernie or phil who is good but different,no-one wil beat dave for me
    i'm half asleep but that makes sense to me lol

6. Easy

Easy

Says he’s played in midfield during his youth.

Think that is where he’ll be playing more often this season.

7. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Haha, well spotted.

8. mccity

mccity

I was surprised to see Bernardo playing in the middle after the way he and Mahrez were used in preseason but it's great to know he's an option. I get the feeling he and a decent number of other players are going to be playing in a load of positions throughout the year. I wonder how he is at LB?

9. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    Bernardo needs to play mid - he lacks pace, handicapping his game on the wing.

10. Dax777

Dax777

I personally think Bernardo is as good as David. Perhaps not as accomplished. They gave different skull spikes. Dave's vision is a spike. His calmness and possession skill are also spikes. Bernardo might be one of maybe 5 players with better ball control than Dave. That's unheard of. And most of the other 4 are Spanish. Bernardo is a far better dribbler. A better shooter, and calmer I .front of goal. His vision is almost as good as Dave, his timing isn't anywhere close. But that tends to improve with time.

My initial sense of Bernardo ( From his first 2 years at Monaco) was that he has the potential to be Dave's successor. But I must admit since getting here, I am vegbeginn to lean towards Tevez City's position that he in fact has the potential to better than Dave.

He is a bit more of a slightly less athletic Messi than I gave him credit for. So he has the potential to embody Dave's intelligence and play but with more production.

It will be special if he reaches his peak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.