Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't,dave has been playing the spainish way all his life,there will never be a carbon copy of dave,that just won't happen

Hang on, why have you changed from "No-one will be better than dave" to "there will never be a carbon copy of dave"?

Hang on, why have you changed from "No-one will be better than dave" to "there will never be a carbon copy of dave"?
Maybe she's wisened up? I think her new point is totally right though, Bernardo could easily hit those heights but he'd be a different player to David. Same with Foden. I hardly think she meant it as a knock on anyone not called David (not assuming you thought that though dw :)).

In my opinion there will be no-one as good as dave,he is best i've seen in a blue shirt but there will be someone maybe bernie or phil who is good but different,no-one wil beat dave for me
i'm half asleep but that makes sense to me lol

Says he’s played in midfield during his youth.

Think that is where he’ll be playing more often this season.

I was surprised to see Bernardo playing in the middle after the way he and Mahrez were used in preseason but it's great to know he's an option. I get the feeling he and a decent number of other players are going to be playing in a load of positions throughout the year. I wonder how he is at LB?

Bernardo needs to play mid - he lacks pace, handicapping his game on the wing.

Compared to David, Bernardo's still a bit lacking in the passing game. His decision making, short game, and creativity aren't at David's level. He's not lacking in these in anyway, it's just David (and KDB) sets the bar real high. The fact a guy like Gundogan gets called not good enough by some on these boards is testament to David's and KDB's creative and passing qualities. So Bernardo's got some work to do.

The good news, is that with time, hard work, and the right coaching; all on the plate for Bernardo; he should eventually hit that kind of passing game. It might take a couple of years to make the transition but there'd be plenty more years afterwards to enjoy the transformation.

The slightly bad news, is that I think there will be certain elements that Bernardo will never take up of David's. Such as his incredible ability to drift between lines for one. That feels almost unique to him.

The particularly good news is that there are some things he can do that David can't do, that give him an arguably higher ceiling. For one, his dribbling ability on his left is phenomenal. He's a very athletic player, with a great ability to cross and shoot too. So if he can develop the passing game David has, or close enough to, we should have on our hands a ridiculously good footballer.

Good thing he didn't sign for United I guess last year.
I personally think Bernardo is as good as David. Perhaps not as accomplished. They gave different skull spikes. Dave's vision is a spike. His calmness and possession skill are also spikes. Bernardo might be one of maybe 5 players with better ball control than Dave. That's unheard of. And most of the other 4 are Spanish. Bernardo is a far better dribbler. A better shooter, and calmer I .front of goal. His vision is almost as good as Dave, his timing isn't anywhere close. But that tends to improve with time.

My initial sense of Bernardo ( From his first 2 years at Monaco) was that he has the potential to be Dave's successor. But I must admit since getting here, I am vegbeginn to lean towards Tevez City's position that he in fact has the potential to better than Dave.

He is a bit more of a slightly less athletic Messi than I gave him credit for. So he has the potential to embody Dave's intelligence and play but with more production.

It will be special if he reaches his peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.