Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I admit my comments about Silva were a bit harsh but I'm no troll. Doubting my loyalty to City is unforgivable. Yes, you are right I gutted by yesterday's poor performance. As a City fan, I want nothing more than City to be at the top of the table. It hurts. It really hurts.
Fair do's then;)

Well bar the hat trick game obviously then?

I don’t even think he was particularly good that game. As it happened Mahrez had a great game on the right that day and 3 good chances dropped to Bernie against a team who were frankly bloody awful. He was on the left that day and that’s certainly not going to be his position. With the way this season is panning out I think it’s safe to put that whole team performance down as a freak day.

I don’t even think he was particularly good that game. As it happened Mahrez had a great game on the right that day and 3 good chances dropped to Bernie against a team who were frankly bloody awful. He was on the left that day and that’s certainly not going to be his position. With the way this season is panning out I think it’s safe to put that whole team performance down as a freak day.
It wasn’t really a freak day because we had more shots, more shots on target, more good goal scoring chances and fewer shots on our goal in the Spurs game. I think that game was a 10-0er all day. If we’d won 10-0 against Spurs it wouldn’t have been flattering, we fucking hammered them... and drew 2-2.

It wasn’t really a freak day because we had more shots, more shots on target, more good goal scoring chances and fewer shots on our goal in the Spurs game. I think that game was a 10-0er all day. If we’d won 10-0 against Spurs it wouldn’t have been flattering, we fucking hammered them... and drew 2-2.

Shame any team that attacks scores against us then isn’t it

Whenever he plays in right midfield - he is as good as he was last season...

It's either him or Kev..

P.S Foden - Bernardo seems more balanced and perspective option, than Foden - Debruyne for me :P

Bernie has reached the stage of his career when he needs a clear role. I actually think fitting Mahrez into this team has not helped the little maestro one bit. All players have lulls and the entire tweet controversy didn't help but I for one would still have him in our first 11 every time.
Interesting point that HJ. I have often wondered about B-Silvas true/best role
Although clearly supremely talented I originally thought here's another barrier to our Phil getting a game.His crazy skill set and demonic running have obviously shut me up ...but I agree with you Mahrez doesn't help ..and I think it would be very intresting to see if B Silva could hold down a specific role...Think he needs a rest first but clearly thats not gonna happen. We will just have to see how Pep plays this...for me,gifted midfielders who know Where the goal is and like to score goals are invaluable.

What's with the fan's obsession with Bernardo playing in the centre of the pitch? Sure it might make sense on paper, but he was vital in the run in last season and he was playing on the wing during that time. He's dropped off somewhat this season and it's as if some fans are putting that down to him not playing in the centre of the pitch. Which just isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.