Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not currently being picked on merit and that's before yesterday. Big drop off for goals and assists to be playing in a front 3 compared to the scousers or Leroy.

BernardoCSilva: "l have signed a contract until 2025 and if I didn't want to stay here for a long time, I wouldn't have signed it. If you stay you are going to fight for all the titles over the next 10 years - it gives you the willingness and ambition to stay...""...to try to do your best to be important at the club. I think that's why Sergio and David have stayed so long. I think we are now arriving at the stage where we can fight for European trophies as well."

"For us it's simple. We have to set new targets and new records to keep going. The maximum number of Premier League titles is three in a row. We want to try and reach that level of the best teams ever to play in this country...""If you want to do that, you have to win constantly. That's the main target now. Not to be a normal team but a team that constantly dominates English football; a special team."

BernardoCSilva on @21LVA: "Look, they are very big shoes to fill. David and I play in the same position and have the same style but I think it's unfair on David to be compared to me because he has played at a huge level for 15 years and I am just starting..."

"The team will go on. Yaya left, Vinny last season, Kun one day will go. Players will replace them, knowing it's difficult. They are some of the best players to play at this club. If they want me to try to fill David's shoes, I will try."

BernardoCSilva on playing under Pep: "Yeah, it's exhausting, there is no doubt about that. But it's what we have to do. If you want to go for all the trophies season after season you need to have someone who pushes you day after day...""Sometimes it's not easy but it's good to have someone who won't let you slacken off."

BernardoCSilva on Manchester: "There is no discount for players. The main thing is that the people from the north are very kind. The way they welcomed me here in Manchester was fantastic. People recognise you on the streets but they are respectful...""In Portugal they are more touchy and sometimes it's a bit much.

his close control is as good as it gets - very few players are as gifted as him at it (Messi, but he is a freak of nature)

His first touch on one diagonal ball near the end of the first half. How the fuck you control 30-40 yard long high ball like that. It just glues to his boot. Mahrez did same later too.

He had a mad summer and a good rest. The true great players take a while to get into the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.