Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough and I wouldn't say it now but if I was brown I would cherish that and not wish to be referred to as black
If you ask Raheem what do you think he would say, he would say he's black, it's just a term even though he's brown, it's the way it is.

I disagree with that point of view...

Most City fans are not objecting to Bernardo's treatment on the grounds that racism is trivial but because it wasn't racist in the first place.

When society discriminates on the basis of colour, abusing someone for their colour makes you very angry indeed and it has wide social significance beyond an individual being bullied.
How did you arrive at my post trivialising racism? Genuine question because that wasn’t my intention, nor is it my view either.

My point was that people are determined to be offended and will seize on any nugget. I was obliging.

Pep's next on the list......

" The FA are aware of Pep Guardiola's comments in defence of Bernardo Silva, where the City boss said that a young Benjamin Mendy looks like the mascot of a Spanish chocolate company. It is not clear whether the FA plan any further action against Guardiola."

They’ll throw the book at him and hope being labelled a racist will make him want to leave the club and this country they are nothing short of c***s the media want our best players and pep out of here pronto!

Yes but a guy from Trinidad or Guyana that has Indian background will refer to themselves as brown. At least the ones I know do.
Not really relevant to Mendy or Raheem though. It would be correct to refer to them as they refer to themselves surely?

Pep's next on the list......

" The FA are aware of Pep Guardiola's comments in defence of Bernardo Silva, where the City boss said that a young Benjamin Mendy looks like the mascot of a Spanish chocolate company. It is not clear whether the FA plan any further action against Guardiola."
Haha you couldn't fucking make it up,the media are pathetic,desperate to disadvantage us in any way they can,even turning team mate against team mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.