Bernardo Silva signs new contract until 2026

A release clause isn't ideal but with his wages now as high as they are I seriously doubt Barca could afford him anyway. Madrid hasn't ever seemed interested. What other clubs are there that could afford him outside of the PL? I seriously doubt we'd sell within the league anyway. I think he'll see out his contract and move on after that. If he doesn't, then I hope everyone wishes him well because, despite the news of him wanting out the last few summers, he's never once downed tools and let our fans or his teammates down.

would be over the moon if there wasn`t this shitty RC rumour but his interview kinda indicates that he really wants to stay longer than 24...let`s see...best signing of the summer & i hope he plays more in the midfield (like 21/22)

A release clause isn't ideal but with his wages now as high as they are I seriously doubt Barca could afford him anyway. Madrid hasn't ever seemed interested. What other clubs are there that could afford him outside of the PL? I seriously doubt we'd sell within the league anyway. I think he'll see out his contract and move on after that. If he doesn't, then I hope everyone wishes him well because, despite the news of him wanting out the last few summers, he's never once downed tools and let our fans or his teammates down.

This was my first thought. At least the release clause gives Bernardo assurance that City won't hold him if somewhere he wants to go ponies up the money. But hopefully it means at least two more years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.