Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it effect the team more than refusing to (rightly) defend his player from accusations of racism?

I wouldn't know, neither would you. I can only comment on my perception. Ultimately, the club needs to transcend this hatchet job mire it's found itself in for the past 10 years, the narrative has to change at some point.

Am I correct in saying that John Barnes has said it isn’t racist. Mandy has inferred it isn’t, most sensible people have said it isn’t racist. It isn’t racist and maybe the FA , the media and all the Pc brigade should concentrate on the real issues in football. These include players gambling, drink driving, corruption in the game, dodgy agent fees, computer hacking, tapping up players, match fixing, lack of transparency etc.

Worked many years in Jersey with Portuguese, French amd Spanish staff and really can see why Bernardo and Mendy would find this nothing more than a harmless joke between friends.

Attitudes to such things like this characature he used differ from country to country unfortunately and I expect Pep saying he knows the man and judges him on not a tweet is trying to make that point too.

Now I am not saying that this being seen as acceptable banter is right, personally I consider it inappropriate but really his only crime is putting it out on a global media platform which is going to ilicit different reactions from places where this is considered offensive.

They way the fans of top 6 clubs are going on you would think Bernardo is a grand master wizard.

I've read the threads on a fair few other teams forums, I'd say 80/90% are saying Bernado is well out of order, the 10 -20 % defending him get shouted down, I know it's all tribal, On here it's probably the complete opposite to that.

Must admit if this identical scenario panned out with a liverpool player would it still be 90% saying he's done totally nothing wrong?

Fwiw he's been naive and the video one seemed worse, but it all now seems to of gone way over the top, I think that's because Pep may have defended him to much, which I don't disagree with, but as soon as I heard some of his words I knew the fuckers would have an headline.

Similar to the episode of Father Ted where they told Father Jack only to say 'That'll be an ecumenical matter' when the bishop asked him any question, can't we just treat the media twats the same - every snide or loaded question is met with 'You'll have to ask our legal team that'. They'll soon get bored and bait someone else.

Either that or employ a spin doctor to wrap the media around their finger. We must be able to afford some PR bullshitter to make the press look silly?

Just brief the fuckers beforehand what's off limits and of they try and break it just give them the stock, " Not answering questions on that at the moment as explains Ned prior to this press conference. "

Our PR department appears to be not doing a good job. Pre match interviews should be about the up coming match, and player availability. This should be made clear to the press before hand. Any other questions will not be answered. If the press try to ignore this the PR person who sits with Pep should do their job and shut the reporter down, reiterating what questions will be answered, and which ones will be not. Our press office needs to get a fucking grip and do.its job. At this minute in time they are failing Pep and the club!!!

I can only repeat what I’ve been saying on page 88.

If Kick It Out are the organisation that wants to stop racism, it should focus on what really matters. And it’s not about that it’s been put on social media or not, it’s about the intentions that anybody with the right mindset can understand. If however you feel offended by what Bernardo says to a close friend or what any person wherever and whoever says to his or her friend that is simply banter, there is something wrong with the ones feeling offended. This way you take the fight against racism totally out of context and by that it won’t help the cause. And that fact is as sad as racism is by itself.

Anyway Bernardo has apologised and apparently said he won’t make the same “mistake” again, Mendy has said he wasn’t offended, I wonder if that’ll be enough to close the matter. I doubt it. But than again nothing surprises me in football. City got a bigger fine for their players being a minute late on the pitch rather than the home team (Porto - a Portugese team coincidently) apenoising our black players. This is UEFA. This is football.

The top two stories were when they knew Sterling would not sign his contract.

The other two stories are from the Mail, a collective bunch who also happen to be thunder**** racists.
Someone said there were no negative stories about Sterling whilst he was at Liverpool. I disagreed and named several I could remember, @SWP's back said only half of the examples I had mentioned were whilst he was at Liverpool so I posted links to all of the stories. He was at Liverpool for every one. Regardless of certain publications reasons for printing negative stories about Sterling, the fact remains there was plenty of ill will from the UK media towards Sterling long before he fell out with them and ultimately ended up with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.