Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,i'm assuming i said something wrong,be good if someone can explain

To all posters in agreement (not just you Karen).

The personal opinion of your own should be just that.

If you are privvy to shared personal opinion with the consent of the person involved in a private setting, it should be just that.

Once you share a private thought to a wider audience who may see things differently to your collective thought of mates, you run into a world of different opinion than your own.

You have to take ownership of that.

It's like saying that guy called himself and his mates n*gg*s, so why can't I call him one too...?

Are you comfortable ascribing to this thought pattern too...??

You could look at it like that or you can look at it in the sense of how Mendy took no offense and how comfortable Mendy is in his own skin and that may create a positive confidence effect.

I don't own anything social media that's in a public setting except for going on BM, really, so maybe this been addressed by Mendy already...

The problem is, to my knowledge, mendy hasn't qualified anything Bernardo has said, by claiming pride in the way he and others of his complexion should feel; he's just laughed along which makes it open season on lighter/ Whiter people being able to play along too.

This should have been kept private as now Mendy looka tool for not qualifying this whole mess from the beginning.

Whether he likes it or not, he's representing a wider race of people than just himself.

I was listening to the blue moon podcast and they seem to suggest that if you can't work out why it was a racist statement then you need educating.

It was clearly a joke and really needs to be treated as such. I can't bare this modern day witch hunt to outlaw anything which does not fit within the parameters of politically correct lingue

I'm not sure what the statement from the "KICK IT OUT" campaign means, was the Bernardo tweet "discriminatory", that would mean that Bernardo's intention was to single Benji out solely on his skin colour, and would not do the same to a player whose skin colour was let's say white, also demanding he attends "mandatory education" seems a little over the top, this was not hate speech and no hate crime committed, so as such why should he be forced into anything.

... Fookin' hell!! It WAS discriminatory as it was PUBLIC!!!

Bernardo may NOT be racist, but it's not the implication in a public msg!

Use your loaf!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.